2012 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
couldnt ask for more
By joecerio on 08/14/13 19:14 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan American Value Package 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Ok I waited 1 year before posting review. Bought vehicle new in august 2012. Trans recall was right on. fixed prob. sat radio still doesn't work. Other than that this van is perfect in every sense. I am getting good gas mileage, comfort, storage, and hauling capabilities. There seems to be some very picky people out there. This van was way less than the others I checked them all out before buying. Ride may seem a little stiff but for what van can do well worth it. if you want a really smooth ride shell out 60k and get a Cadillac. In my opinion great vehicle for the money. will get another. This is my 4th dodge van. And next body change god willing and the creek don't rise I will get anothe

It is a Minivan
By objectivejoe on 01/11/13 14:09 PM (PST)

So far, a reliable and powerful vehicle.

Exellent value
By sea1967 on 10/31/12 21:12 PM (PDT)

Lots of features for the money. Rides well, gas mileage is good for such a large vehicle. Good power and acceleration.

Great value..
By robfromde on 07/19/12 09:29 AM (PDT)

This model GC reminds me of the older Dodge minivans. It is basic, but with many nice features, and a great power train. It drives more "truck-like", but I like that. The vision outwards is excellent all around, and the driver's seat is high, so you look down at the hood, not that deep sinking position as before. For around $22k, you get a real auto with a real engine and lots of room for people and cargo. It is backed by a 100k mile warrantee.

Good Value for the money at the lower priced models
By floridaflyer on 06/01/12 16:02 PM (PDT)

We bought our 2012 Grand Caravan back in February and four months later we have 5000 miles on it. We are enjoying it, my wife is more comfortable driving the minivan than my car and she really likes the stow-n-go seating. We have been getting better gas mileage (seeing 21 mpg city and 27 mpg highway, my calculations, not the display on the dash which reads a little higher) than the EPA sticker says and that's with running the A/C. I do keep the Econ Button on all the time, except when I am accelerating up this one onramp that is uphill. When I turn off the A/C and the Econ Button for that ramp, it has great acceleration, with the Econ Button on it suppresses the shifts/acceleration.

Nice Van
By mrbe1 on 02/19/12 15:00 PM (PST)

Great price for this van. It has a comfortable Ride and handling. So far reliability has been good. I have 9,900 miles on the van and no problems.

trans
By johnnyredknife on 12/26/11 17:05 PM (PST)

I drove my 2012 Grand Caravan twice before having it towed back to the dealer. The trans was leaving a trail of fluid from the grocery store to my driveway where it ended with a puddle. The dealer said he ran it all day and could not find a leak. I suggested adding fluid. Mike called back claiming the pump and axle seals were leaking. A trans can't be run dry without sustaining damage. It was exacerbated by running it all day, but Chrys' Limited Warranty only paid for seals, fluid and labor rather than replacing the unit. So I have an unrealible traffic hazard that I can't wait to get rid of. I would not recommend this for anyone interested in safety.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan in VA is:

$129 per month*