Used 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew Minivan Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Grand Caravan Crew rocks!
By Barry P

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

At 65 I have had many cars and trucks and vans, many models.
I have 101K miles on this van and it still looks and runs great. Diver seat could travel back a couple more inches for comfort though. I am 6'2". (I once drove a 2013 T&C van and found the seat issue had been addressed.)
Rolling on third set of tires, second battery, and has had regular maintenance, washing, waxing.
Trans sometimes bangs from reverse to drive, but all these miles and we are still sailing fine. (A local dealer tech told me the trans bang was normal.!?)
Everyone loves the inside console and storage areas, and the night time ceiling lighting is cool. Elec seats, tilt/tele wheel, heated seats even in rear, heated steering, rear a/c, USB ports, etc, etc.

HORRID
By horrid

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have went round and round with the dealership and Dodge manufacturing. My van sqeals during the winter, the brakes are horrible, and the transmission is horrible. Two different times I put my car into park (yes I made sure it was in park) and it started rolling and my brakes would not work. My daugher was terrified! The first winter I had this van it was fine, the second winter it started sqealing very loud; you could hear it from inside. My stransmission jerks all of the time and when at a stop my car rattles like it is going to die. Just so you know, I get my car serviced every few months. I have had it in the shop, but they saythey are aware of the issues but not recalls until resolutio

Storage

Back your product!!!!!!!!

Edmunds appraisal is way off
By stevemcqueen

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I recently sold my 2012 Grand Caravan Crew. It priced out at $17,600 on Edmunds used car appraisal to a private party. I advertised it on AutoTrader for 4 months at $14,500 and the best offer I got in 4 months was $13,500 and I took it. I do not think Edmunds takes into account the huge number of fleet Grand Caravans coming off lease from Hertz, Avis, etc. So if you pay what Edmunds says it is worth, you will lose $3,000 to $4,000 right off the bat on resale.

Stow & go seating. This is the only minivan that has it.

Throttle response, braking, road noise and ride motions all need improvement. Suspension wheel travel and ride height need to be increased. My guess is there is only 2-3 inches of wheel travel and Dodge is trying to accomidate a huge range of passengers and their luggage with insufficient when travel. Ride quality suffers. There is a lot of road noise as well, I was surprised. You do not notice this when taking your little ride at the dealers, but over time this is annoying.

I love my 2012 Grand Caravan Crew, but there were some problems.
By cindywilliams

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love my 2012 GC Crew. It was a lease/repo/rental vehicle that was rushed from Texas to Alabama. I hadn't drove it but two days, and would hesitate while backing up, and would jerk during shifting. It had a piece on the passenger side vent missing, the power sliding doors needed oiled as they were sluggish. It also needed a good detail cleaning. I put it in the shop last week and they said it had broke motor mounts. Everything is fixed but the mounts, I should get it back this Monday. There is no way a 2012 model should have broke motor mounts. I love the van, but I just wish it would be problematic. The manager said if I wasn't happy with it next then he can put me in something else.

Overhead Halo Lights, Illuminated Cupholders, Illuminated Visor Vanity Mirrors, Power Adjustable Pedals, Conversation Mirror, Power Sliding Doors, Power Seats, etc.

Better transmission

the crew is fantastic
By beddannarz

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought a 2012 Crew in Black, It has so many features and great details, how awesome is the sliding door windows rolling down like a car.
Satellite radio free for a year cool.
all power including the 2 rear doors. and my wife swore she would never drive a van I bought this for her and she willingly traded in her suv.