Used 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan American Value Package Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

couldnt ask for more
By joecerio

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan American Value Package 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Ok I waited 1 year before posting review. Bought vehicle new in august 2012. Trans recall was right on. fixed prob. sat radio still doesn't work. Other than that this van is perfect in every sense. I am getting good gas mileage, comfort, storage, and hauling capabilities. There seems to be some very picky people out there. This van was way less than the others I checked them all out before buying. Ride may seem a little stiff but for what van can do well worth it. if you want a really smooth ride shell out 60k and get a Cadillac. In my opinion great vehicle for the money. will get another. This is my 4th dodge van. And next body change god willing and the creek don't rise I will get anothe

Favorite Features

The very favorite is the stow and go

Suggested Improvements

Would put more 12v outlets that do not need key on to work. Make some camping accessories for van.

It is a Minivan
By objectivejoe

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan American Value Package 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

So far, a reliable and powerful vehicle.

Favorite Features

It has more then enough power.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe less power, better fuel mileage.

Exellent value
By sea1967

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan American Value Package 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Lots of features for the money. Rides well, gas mileage is good for such a large vehicle. Good power and acceleration.

Favorite Features

Stow and go seats. Excellent visibility.

Suggested Improvements

More refined transmission, better OEM tires

Great value..
By robfromde

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan American Value Package 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This model GC reminds me of the older Dodge minivans. It is basic, but with many nice features, and a great power train. It drives more "truck-like", but I like that. The vision outwards is excellent all around, and the driver's seat is high, so you look down at the hood, not that deep sinking position as before. For around $22k, you get a real auto with a real engine and lots of room for people and cargo. It is backed by a 100k mile warrantee.

Favorite Features

I like many features from the "stow & go" to the nice new interior, but the best is the value you get with this minivan.

Suggested Improvements

I hope Dodge keeps this model in the future, so others can benefit from this good deal from Chrysler.

Good Value for the money at the lower priced models
By floridaflyer

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan American Value Package 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our 2012 Grand Caravan back in February and four months later we have 5000 miles on it. We are enjoying it, my wife is more comfortable driving the minivan than my car and she really likes the stow-n-go seating. We have been getting better gas mileage (seeing 21 mpg city and 27 mpg highway, my calculations, not the display on the dash which reads a little higher) than the EPA sticker says and that's with running the A/C. I do keep the Econ Button on all the time, except when I am accelerating up this one onramp that is uphill. When I turn off the A/C and the Econ Button for that ramp, it has great acceleration, with the Econ Button on it suppresses the shifts/acceleration.

Favorite Features

Stow-n-go seating Fuel economy Bluetooth capable Amazing value at the cheaper model levels which have the same stow-n-go, engine, cruise, dual zone A/C, as the much more expensive upscale Dodge and Chrysler models (I can shut the doors just fine without the power doors on the expensive models)

Suggested Improvements

6-speed auto trans hunts a bit in neighborhood driving at 20 mph. Slight "clunk" sound when it downshifts from second to first geat coming to a stop. Would like to see rearview camera standard in all models.