2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Review: Horrible product

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Review

C/V Cargo Minivan (3.6L V6 FFV 6-speed Automatic)

Horrible product
By rosaliny2 on

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan C/V 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this van with about 25,000 miles on it in 2012. Within the first month there was a clunking when shifting out of park or from reverse to drive. It was loose motor mounts. Less than a month after it started clunking again. This time it actually broke the motor mount and the new part took a week to come in. This happened every 2 months. 10 months into ownership, the rear calibers stuck. 1 week after the brakes were replaced and calipers cleaned ($400) 1 caliper stuck again. New calipers from a dealership were already sticking and my mechanic had to replace them before he even got them on. I ended up putting $1500 into a new rear brake system with less than 50,000 miles on the van.

During one of the motor mount issues, the front rotors were replaced. Because Dodge used poor quality material originally I only had to pay $100 for that. With all the issues with the van, I talked to Dodge about refunding (at least partially) for the rear brake system and got nowhere. They told me if I had taken it to a dealership for evaluation they may have been able to work something out but because I chose to use a private maintenance shop they would not even consider looking at my case.