Lemon.
By navywife06 on
2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
We purchased our Dodge Grand Caravan Crew on May 22 (the day before my husband left for Iraq). We have barely had it 2 months and for the last 7 days it has been in the shop (second time since we purchased it). *Check engine light came on at aprx 1500/2000 miles *Traction control light comes on for no reason, even when just starting the vehicle *The ignition gets "stuck" when you stop turning the key, it keeps trying to start *The gas pedal quit responding to me while driving with my 3 children on the interstate- very DANGEROUS *My son got stuck in the rear seat belt and it wouldn't unlock- had to cut him out *Not important but if you have kids (minivan usually = kids) interior color is bad
Favorite Features
The only thing I like about this van is the automatic doors while juggling my kids.
Suggested Improvements
Make it work right. This car had 8 miles on it when we purchased it. I should NOT be having to deal with this, and of course Dodge refuses to do a buy back or replace the vehicle because "under the lemon law we don't have to until it's been in at least 3 times for the same reason". Dear Dodge, How about doing the right thing and giving me a car that I know is safe to drive. Gas pedal not responding when driving =/= a safe vehicle or give me peace of mind. My husband shouldn't be worried about us in our NEW car while he's halfway around the world.
By johnnyredknife
on 05/09/12 13:26 PM (PDT)

I wish that I had read your comments before purchasing my 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan. Refer to my comments on that vehicle and subject. I have had similar problems with defects, the customer service department at Chrysler and the Dodge service departments. Incidentally, I know the BBB has no authority over Chrysler but they won't even associate with them much less agree to a BBB Arbitration and although the purchase agreement states you must agree to arbitration both the dealership and Chrysler refuse to do so. Thank you President Obama for bailing out this company with OUR tax dollars!!!

By suez7161
on 11/15/11 17:20 PM (PST)

This is the first time and last time I purchased a Dodge!!! I had to purchased a van due to my husband's disability and we had to have a lift installed for his scooter chair. Well the 1st time I took it in for an oil change and I ask them to check why the van was idling so rough and they said it was a software issue, I informed them I had to take the van home and bring it back due to having a lift kit installed. So the 2nd timee I took it they informed me that it was a transmission issue so now they tore into the trans!!! Picked it up 10 days later for the malfunction indicator light came on, back to the shop for the 3rd time they got the light off and informed me to pick it up so I was driving and it felt like it wanted to stall out and rough idling 4th time back to the shop they call to inform me now its an engine problem so they changed coils cylinders and several other things in the engine, went back after 8 days ad picked it up!! Drove it 1 day and the Malfunction indicator light came on back to the shop again for the 5th time, then they got the light off and told me it was nothing to do with the trans or engine. Drove the van for 3 days and it was rough idling trans was slipping gears and back to the shop for the 6th time now they call and tell me it was the purge cylinoid and vacuum hose!!!! Picked the van up after the fixed it and it continue to ride rough and trans was slipping sooo bad so Chrysler contacted me and I said I wanted another shop to look at it so he set it up for another shop to look at it and I took it in now the compound in the transmission is messed up!!!This is the 7th time!!! And the are trying to figure out why it is still rough idling, I have been in 7 different rental vehicles in 1 month time. I truly regret purchasing this vehicle and Chrysler doesnt want to do anything about it!!! They will not return phone calls and when they do all they tell me is they fixed the problem!! DO NOT BUY A DODGE/CHRYSLER!!!!!!!I have a handicap husband that is in a scooter chair and I cannot take him to appts. due to the van being in the shop all the time.