2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Review: Easy Buy

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Review

Easy Buy
By rdyer478 on

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Our 1997 GC was used and only had an O2 sensor go out. We took it past 150k miles and it still had spunk but couldn't trust it to longer trips. After renting a 2011 GC three times I had developed an attachment. Still looked for other options but after talking to a rep at a great dodge dealer we went to look at a 2011 GC Crew fairly loaded and was blown away at the price, which was way lower than the msrp of $30k. The 300 mile ride home was sweet. Good milage, smooth, quiet and handled excellent. Shifting, acceleration and braking were not too slow or jerky. The transmission didn't clunk or give reason to fear. I just love it and need to plan a trip just to satisfy my need to drive it.

The second row seats were not as comphy as one would prefer but they were good enough and stowed below the floor board which ya really gotta love. Plenty of room and plush for the driver. resting my arm on the window ledge was great, not cramped. We almost opened the side quarter windows to wave at an older GC just to show off but didn't. Love the power doors and back-up camera and the raw engine power when it's wanted. But most important was the reputation for reliability, reat quality, look and feel I expect for a kings ransom.

There should be a little more room for buckling the seat belt for the driver. Front passenger seems to be ok but the driver side is cramped for me. If the seat belt receiver was just an inch and a half higher on both sides it would be a non-issue and darn near perfect.