Crew for the crew
By stekicar on
2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
Since now, I was always buying base models without any blows and whistles. Steering wheel and 4 wheels were the only "options" I wanted. But this time, I got the Crew model (due to $4000 on lease+$750 incentives) plus $500 for existing Dodge owner (not sure about this). Anyway, $5250 discount and employee pricing (my friend works for Chrysler) made me look Dodge way. Because of the new engine/transmission and mostly because of the known reliability of Chrysler vehicles, I did not dare to buy this car so I choosed to lease it instead. I choosed Driver and Passenger package and since it was very hard to find a vehicle with both options and not to be fully loaded I ended up buying the car ...
Favorite Features
... almost 200 miles away. I also got Towing package and Power lift gate although I did not needed it. Overall, car drives good. I already made about 250 miles on it. There is a pronounced wind noise which intensity does not change with change of vehicle's speed on freeway. Suspension is OK, and road noise comes only from tires. Cabin is very quiet. Seats are well made, with excellent adjustability for driver. Second row seats are also very good. Back support is very good on these seats. Third row seats improved from previous models. This time when I sat, my back of the head did not touch the ceiling. Windows shades are good touch. Dashboard is clean and it is easy to navigate ...
Suggested Improvements
... through. There is a USB port inside the upper glove box for MP3 players. Front USB port is used to transfer music and picture files to the 30Gb HDD unit. Just paired my wifes cell phone to Uconnect. It works fine so far, although other side complained that voice was weak. Bluetooth streaming works only with cell phones. I could not make it to work with Ipod Touch. Engine and transmission are paired very well. Transmission shifts smoothly but Eco mode makes shifting a little bit sluggish. Cannot comment on MPG yet. Will come back with new impressions (hopefully good ones) after 15K miles.
By supermom8
on 02/14/12 07:18 AM (PST)

For some odd reason i always wanted a GC for my wife and kids, and with my new job ,I just bought it and i love it! There is plenty of space in the back to seat my two boys. It doesnt only make a great family car, but also a great work car there is alot of space for my work stuff like tool box, cones, bike etc. Its right car for the job, and plus i look good driving! :)