2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
So far it has been a GREAT Choice
By okamsrazor22 on 08/01/11 12:14 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan R/T 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My wife was tired of our old Minivan and I agreed to look at new ones. Dodge/Chrysler has NEVER been on my list to look at; however, after using the 2011 DGC Crew as a rental for two weeks I decided to take another look. What I found was a completely different minivan than the cut-rate caravans of the past. I ended up with a fully loaded DGC R/T for less than I could have ever spent for a Sienna SE (my orginal 1st choice). This minivan drives like a dream, and while not as "quite" as the Odessey or Sienna, I will gladly trade minor noise (almost none at highway speeds) for Super Stow and Go and NOT driving something that looks like an alien Mothership. I could NOT be happier with this car

Lemon.
By navywife06 on 07/24/11 23:34 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Dodge Grand Caravan Crew on May 22 (the day before my husband left for Iraq). We have barely had it 2 months and for the last 7 days it has been in the shop (second time since we purchased it). *Check engine light came on at aprx 1500/2000 miles *Traction control light comes on for no reason, even when just starting the vehicle *The ignition gets "stuck" when you stop turning the key, it keeps trying to start *The gas pedal quit responding to me while driving with my 3 children on the interstate- very DANGEROUS *My son got stuck in the rear seat belt and it wouldn't unlock- had to cut him out *Not important but if you have kids (minivan usually = kids) interior color is bad

5000 miles: Going great so far
By oregonfamily on 07/24/11 12:25 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car was a surprise replacement for a satisfactory but accident-totaled 2002 GC: it matched Toyota and Nissan on apparent quality and features for about $3K less. A comparable Honda was even more expensive. After 5000 miles including a 2700-mile Oregon/Bay-Area/LA/Vegas and back vacation with six people, we remain very satisfied. The Crew trim level has all the features needed for a long road trip. We've also used it for the usual local commute/kids hauling/cargo hauling expected of a minivan. No problems, no complaints. It's been a great driver. 18-20.5 mpg local, 21-24.5 mpg on long trips, and the engine isn't broken in yet. It is just a very competent minivan.

Easy Buy
By rdyer478 on 07/11/11 12:33 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Our 1997 GC was used and only had an O2 sensor go out. We took it past 150k miles and it still had spunk but couldn't trust it to longer trips. After renting a 2011 GC three times I had developed an attachment. Still looked for other options but after talking to a rep at a great dodge dealer we went to look at a 2011 GC Crew fairly loaded and was blown away at the price, which was way lower than the msrp of $30k. The 300 mile ride home was sweet. Good milage, smooth, quiet and handled excellent. Shifting, acceleration and braking were not too slow or jerky. The transmission didn't clunk or give reason to fear. I just love it and need to plan a trip just to satisfy my need to drive it.

Converted my wife
By xxjjoxx on 06/18/11 06:39 AM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My wife was 110% anti Minivan. I did so hard selling over the years to the mpg benefits as well as the comfort and convienences of a van. We purchased a 2011 grand caravan crew with the rear entertainment package. Our five year old daughter and my 10 and 11 year old nieces are in love. The most u here is can u start a movie. The comfort and refinement in the driver seat helps you forget u r driving a minivan.

Very satisfied with our new Dodge GC Crew
By oregonfamily on 06/03/11 01:02 AM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Our intention to drive what had been a very satisfactory 2002 GC beyond 150K miles ended when it was totaled in a rearend collision. We didn't expect Dodge/Fiat would be on our short list, but it drove much better than a Toyota LE, the 2011 update almost remakes the car (we drove a 2010 rental, and wouldn't have bought that), and we could get a Crew GC equipped exactly as we wanted for $3-9K less than less well-equipped competitors during the May minivan sale. Odyssey's had very limited availability and frustrating packaging of options; Sienna LE had vague steering and inexplicably felt "too long" parking (rearview camera was a must); the Quest was tempting in some ways, but weird.

Crew for the crew
By stekicar on 05/03/11 19:44 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Since now, I was always buying base models without any blows and whistles. Steering wheel and 4 wheels were the only "options" I wanted. But this time, I got the Crew model (due to $4000 on lease+$750 incentives) plus $500 for existing Dodge owner (not sure about this). Anyway, $5250 discount and employee pricing (my friend works for Chrysler) made me look Dodge way. Because of the new engine/transmission and mostly because of the known reliability of Chrysler vehicles, I did not dare to buy this car so I choosed to lease it instead. I choosed Driver and Passenger package and since it was very hard to find a vehicle with both options and not to be fully loaded I ended up buying the car ...

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan in VA is:

$108 per month*