2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
Still good at 2 years 4 months and 33.5k miles
By oregonfamily on 09/09/13 19:59 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Since our review a year ago, it's mostly been great. The one issue was a second "clockspring" wiring harness in the steering column going bad early in the second year, right after the first had been replaced. Pretty sure that was because the dealer didn't install it right. At any rate, it was replaced and has been fine for over a year. Nothing else has gone wrong. All in all a very well thought out van. Our car history has been that around or before ten years of ownership some dipstick rear ends us at stop sign/light and the car is totaled. This is probably our last van and we're hoping after the kids have left to make it a kayak hauler/camping van and drive till it won't go anymore.

Almost 2 years and 32k later
By stekicar on 04/24/13 18:29 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

No serious problems so far. There is a profound wind noise next to the upper doors' corner when windy. Also, when raining, water collects inside the cavity of left side rear view mirror making "running water" noise. Performed M38 transmission update and it shifts better. Needs more improvements though. Noticed a small stain of oil sediment text to the head gasket 4th cylinder. Will keep monitoring. There is a vibration on steering wheel with moderate braking. With heavy braking there is no problem. Michelin tires are good match for this minivan. Drives very good. Quiet inside. Everything in working order. Average MPG: 19.5 (city). On freeway, best was 24.3 at 75mph. Overall - very satisfied.

13 months and 17K miles: still going great
By oregonfamily on 07/01/12 13:13 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is an update to our previous reviews, and we remain very satisfied. The only problem we've had was intermittent cruise control at about 12K miles, which was fixed with replacement of the "clock-spring" wiring in the steering column, under warranty. It's been great as a daily driver, for long family trips, and loaded with kids for school field trips, soccer games, and the like. We've learned having the luggage rails up needlessly reduces mileage by nearly 2 mpg on long trips. This has been a exceptional, high-mileage year for us: we should be driving a bit less from now on, and plan on having the car for ten years or so.

10 months and 15k miles later
By stekicar on 03/06/12 19:24 PM (PST)

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

No problems until 11430 miles. Check engine light came on with P0128 indicating stuck thermostat. Took it to the dealership and they told me that it was not the thermostat but computer which did not know how to act on some data. They did the update on computer and immediately I noticed that transmission shifted from first to second gear with a "thud" sound while Econ button was on. When Econ button was off transmission was shifting from 1st to 2nd gear smooth but from 2nd to 3rd with hesitation (shudder). I thought it is because when they flashed computer everything was lost so computer had to learn all parameters again. Well, after 3500 miles nothing changed and I took it to dealership.

Lemon.
By navywife06 on 07/24/11 23:34 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Dodge Grand Caravan Crew on May 22 (the day before my husband left for Iraq). We have barely had it 2 months and for the last 7 days it has been in the shop (second time since we purchased it). *Check engine light came on at aprx 1500/2000 miles *Traction control light comes on for no reason, even when just starting the vehicle *The ignition gets "stuck" when you stop turning the key, it keeps trying to start *The gas pedal quit responding to me while driving with my 3 children on the interstate- very DANGEROUS *My son got stuck in the rear seat belt and it wouldn't unlock- had to cut him out *Not important but if you have kids (minivan usually = kids) interior color is bad

5000 miles: Going great so far
By oregonfamily on 07/24/11 12:25 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car was a surprise replacement for a satisfactory but accident-totaled 2002 GC: it matched Toyota and Nissan on apparent quality and features for about $3K less. A comparable Honda was even more expensive. After 5000 miles including a 2700-mile Oregon/Bay-Area/LA/Vegas and back vacation with six people, we remain very satisfied. The Crew trim level has all the features needed for a long road trip. We've also used it for the usual local commute/kids hauling/cargo hauling expected of a minivan. No problems, no complaints. It's been a great driver. 18-20.5 mpg local, 21-24.5 mpg on long trips, and the engine isn't broken in yet. It is just a very competent minivan.

Easy Buy
By rdyer478 on 07/11/11 12:33 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Our 1997 GC was used and only had an O2 sensor go out. We took it past 150k miles and it still had spunk but couldn't trust it to longer trips. After renting a 2011 GC three times I had developed an attachment. Still looked for other options but after talking to a rep at a great dodge dealer we went to look at a 2011 GC Crew fairly loaded and was blown away at the price, which was way lower than the msrp of $30k. The 300 mile ride home was sweet. Good milage, smooth, quiet and handled excellent. Shifting, acceleration and braking were not too slow or jerky. The transmission didn't clunk or give reason to fear. I just love it and need to plan a trip just to satisfy my need to drive it.

Converted my wife
By xxjjoxx on 06/18/11 06:39 AM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My wife was 110% anti Minivan. I did so hard selling over the years to the mpg benefits as well as the comfort and convienences of a van. We purchased a 2011 grand caravan crew with the rear entertainment package. Our five year old daughter and my 10 and 11 year old nieces are in love. The most u here is can u start a movie. The comfort and refinement in the driver seat helps you forget u r driving a minivan.

Very satisfied with our new Dodge GC Crew
By oregonfamily on 06/03/11 01:02 AM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Our intention to drive what had been a very satisfactory 2002 GC beyond 150K miles ended when it was totaled in a rearend collision. We didn't expect Dodge/Fiat would be on our short list, but it drove much better than a Toyota LE, the 2011 update almost remakes the car (we drove a 2010 rental, and wouldn't have bought that), and we could get a Crew GC equipped exactly as we wanted for $3-9K less than less well-equipped competitors during the May minivan sale. Odyssey's had very limited availability and frustrating packaging of options; Sienna LE had vague steering and inexplicably felt "too long" parking (rearview camera was a must); the Quest was tempting in some ways, but weird.

Crew for the crew
By stekicar on 05/03/11 19:44 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Since now, I was always buying base models without any blows and whistles. Steering wheel and 4 wheels were the only "options" I wanted. But this time, I got the Crew model (due to $4000 on lease+$750 incentives) plus $500 for existing Dodge owner (not sure about this). Anyway, $5250 discount and employee pricing (my friend works for Chrysler) made me look Dodge way. Because of the new engine/transmission and mostly because of the known reliability of Chrysler vehicles, I did not dare to buy this car so I choosed to lease it instead. I choosed Driver and Passenger package and since it was very hard to find a vehicle with both options and not to be fully loaded I ended up buying the car ...

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan in NJ is:

$205 per month*