Used 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Don't buy it!
By Jennifer

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our 2011 van in 2015, it already had 80,000 miles on it. It was a van that the dealership used to shuttle customers and for just general use.
Our van now has over 100,000 miles and is the WORST vehicle I've ever owned. My 2004 Honda Civic with almost 200,000 miles is more reliable than my van.
My van will decide to not turn on for a few minutes or a few hours (look into Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep TPMI issues), some days I will be driving along just fine and then my van will no longer shift gears. I can't explain how scary it is to be getting on the freeway with your 3 babies and your van decides it's going to stop agifting now. Now you're surrounded by vehicles traveling at 65-75mph and you can't manage to get a over 35mph. Look into a year that has already qualified for the TPMI recall and stay away from the 2011!!!

Love her but she has issues
By Katie Miller

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Mainstreet 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 in 2012 she had one previous owner but had less the 10,000 Miles on her. Fell in love from first site first year new brakes fronts first less then 2 months later rear done tires done at 19,000. We do drive are van we take at least 2 trips a year to Vegas about 400 miles each way and once a year to Organ and Washington about 1,900 miles each way. Greatest trip car I have ever had. Handles great in rain and snow coming from San Diego it's a bonus also gas milage is great also on road trips we have gotten to 35 mpg on highway. Earlier this year the issue I had the check engine light come on and I thought it was the brakes again cause we have to get them done yearly and I took it in and yes they had to be redone. At the shop he checked it and said it's coming up ABS but take it to the dealer to get looked at cause he didn't see anything. Took it in it was the transmission 70,000 it was the electonic after a week everything is fixed got it home went for a road trip to Hollywood came home and saw oil on my driveway took it back the next week 3 weeks later brand new transmission. Still have issues with tires and brakes tires need to be done every 20,000 and brakes seem to be every 15,000. I love her if we did not have friends that did brakes and sold tires we would be in the hole pretty bad. Keep the warrenty up on it trust me

Still good at 4 years and 57k miles
By oregonfamily

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Not much to add to our previous reviews at 1 and 2 years. Very good experience in almost all respects. 10k miles after brake rotor and pad replacement, we were back to vibration due to uneven wear. I don't think our driving is to blame, and the only thing the dealer could offer was live with it. We have, not a big deal, but it shouldn't be that way. There were a couple of interior trim and upholstery details that are showing wear sooner than they should have. Other than that, it's been good. If it keeps on like this, we'll see how much past 150k we can get. Still consider we made the right choice.

Engine very smooth. Features and controls are still just what we want. Great soccer/long-trip/vacation van.

Brake vibration seems like a very common Dodge GC complaint. Own up to the problem and offer a fix.

Replace Brakes every 12K Miles
By jimc888

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Express 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my Van new. At 14K miles replaced rear caliper, pads, rotors and adaptors. At 20K replaced front pads and rotors. At 26K told I need front pads, rotors, calipers and hoses $600. Also need same on rear $675. That's almost $1300 more after 14K & 20K brake jobs. Called Dodge Corp Complaint office. They checked into it and said that was normal wear & tear. Had a 2003 caravan and bakes lasted over 40K. Trading this in. I'm not spending $1300/yr for new brakes. Searched 2011 Caravan brake probems on Internet. Lots of complaints, but no help from Dodge. Having 2 complete brake jobs at less than 27K miles is NOT normal. I won't be buying any more Caravans.

Fix small calpers. Make calipers larger so they don't heat up and expand and stick on the rotors.

Almost 4 years and 75k later
By stekicar

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Replaced all four brake pads and rotors after 50k miles. Front had more then 6mm left while rear were closer to 3mm in thickness. Replaced with PowerStop rotors and ceramic pads. Had to replace front pads after only 15k miles. Rear ones were still like new. At 73k check engine went on and front (left) cylinder head was replaced under warranty. Also, upstream left O2 sensor was replaced. Still going strong. Very satisfied.

Stow n Go. Heated steering wheel and front/rear seats. Dual monitor setup. Stow n Go cross bars.

Better milage. Current actual average MPG is 20.88. Best milage was 27.04, worst 16.35. Refine transmission - not smooth shifting when Eco mode is on. Hybrid drive would be the best use for this type of vehicle.