Used 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan R/T Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Unreliable
By p538

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan R/T 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased new and if not for the poor quality and unreliability of major components I'd love this van. The only reason I made the purchase was for my two Boxers. At about 16K miles I took it to the shop because of vibration/wooble in the brakes. $400+ for new pads and resurfacing all four discs. Took to shop Friday the 25th for its 20k service. Been having knocking sound (like bearings) when braking x 2 days. Sound at left front gets worse the longer its driven. Call from Service (Newark Chrysler Dodge Jeep): The Transmission !!! One of the gears is falling apart. Still in the shop. Pricing a Honda Odyssey & getting rid of this POS.

Favorite Features

Style, power, handling, utility, fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

Better quality brakes. Please make it reliable. I want to buy American, but I'm tired of seeing my hard earned income spent fixing problems that shouldn't exist. The Transmission - Google 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan problems and you'll see this is an epidemic.

Big surprise from Dodge.
By jorgeramirerez

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan R/T 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After years of swearing I would never buy a Dodge, countless positive reviews suggested it was time to take a look. I did, and liked it, and so I grabbed one. Excellent so far, with no complaints. No quality issues so far, and mileage has been as expected for this much power and acceleration.

Favorite Features

The StowNGo is nice, but I won't use the deep wells for seats: they work great for storage out of the way. Love the LED interior lights and Halo lighting, as Dodge calls it. Stereo is solid, and sounds good. Excellent pickup when I have to get around other cars, and handles well.

Suggested Improvements

The stereo is a slight bit tinny with some mp3s, though I can't say that I have a few bad quality songs in there. One example did come off of a CD, though.

So far it has been a GREAT Choice
By okamsrazor22

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan R/T 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My wife was tired of our old Minivan and I agreed to look at new ones. Dodge/Chrysler has NEVER been on my list to look at; however, after using the 2011 DGC Crew as a rental for two weeks I decided to take another look. What I found was a completely different minivan than the cut-rate caravans of the past. I ended up with a fully loaded DGC R/T for less than I could have ever spent for a Sienna SE (my orginal 1st choice). This minivan drives like a dream, and while not as "quite" as the Odessey or Sienna, I will gladly trade minor noise (almost none at highway speeds) for Super Stow and Go and NOT driving something that looks like an alien Mothership. I could NOT be happier with this car

Favorite Features

Engine has plenty of Power The Price cannot be beat It has every option you could want Great Style

Suggested Improvements

The drivers seat is not an easy fit (I am 6'2")