2011 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
Great Value, Great Family Car
By mrjustin24 on 06/24/14 10:57 AM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Express 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased it used as a 1 owner car. It took me a while to come around to being a man in a van. However, hauling the kids or lumber from Lowe's this thing did it all. I was thoroughly impressed the cargo space and the versatility and ease of the folding seats. I never once had a reliability issue with it. The vehicle worked flawlessly the entire time I owned it. I easily got 27mpg on the highway despite the 25mpg rating. The only reason I don't still drive it is because my wife's Ford Taurus X was falling apart to the tune of $2K with only 70K miles on it. We had to trade in my Caravan with her car to make up the amount we were upside down in the Taurus X.

Horrible product
By rosaliny2 on 02/17/14 13:43 PM (PST)

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan C/V 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this van with about 25,000 miles on it in 2012. Within the first month there was a clunking when shifting out of park or from reverse to drive. It was loose motor mounts. Less than a month after it started clunking again. This time it actually broke the motor mount and the new part took a week to come in. This happened every 2 months. 10 months into ownership, the rear calibers stuck. 1 week after the brakes were replaced and calipers cleaned ($400) 1 caliper stuck again. New calipers from a dealership were already sticking and my mechanic had to replace them before he even got them on. I ended up putting $1500 into a new rear brake system with less than 50,000 miles on the van.

Unreliable
By p538 on 10/28/13 10:44 AM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan R/T 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased new and if not for the poor quality and unreliability of major components I'd love this van. The only reason I made the purchase was for my two Boxers. At about 16K miles I took it to the shop because of vibration/wooble in the brakes. $400+ for new pads and resurfacing all four discs. Took to shop Friday the 25th for its 20k service. Been having knocking sound (like bearings) when braking x 2 days. Sound at left front gets worse the longer its driven. Call from Service (Newark Chrysler Dodge Jeep): The Transmission !!! One of the gears is falling apart. Still in the shop. Pricing a Honda Odyssey & getting rid of this POS.

Still good at 2 years 4 months and 33.5k miles
By oregonfamily on 09/09/13 19:59 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Since our review a year ago, it's mostly been great. The one issue was a second "clockspring" wiring harness in the steering column going bad early in the second year, right after the first had been replaced. Pretty sure that was because the dealer didn't install it right. At any rate, it was replaced and has been fine for over a year. Nothing else has gone wrong. All in all a very well thought out van. Our car history has been that around or before ten years of ownership some dipstick rear ends us at stop sign/light and the car is totaled. This is probably our last van and we're hoping after the kids have left to make it a kayak hauler/camping van and drive till it won't go anymore.

Almost 2 years and 32k later
By stekicar on 04/24/13 18:29 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

No serious problems so far. There is a profound wind noise next to the upper doors' corner when windy. Also, when raining, water collects inside the cavity of left side rear view mirror making "running water" noise. Performed M38 transmission update and it shifts better. Needs more improvements though. Noticed a small stain of oil sediment text to the head gasket 4th cylinder. Will keep monitoring. There is a vibration on steering wheel with moderate braking. With heavy braking there is no problem. Michelin tires are good match for this minivan. Drives very good. Quiet inside. Everything in working order. Average MPG: 19.5 (city). On freeway, best was 24.3 at 75mph. Overall - very satisfied.

Brake Callipers, Transmission
By herekittykitty on 01/12/13 07:37 AM (PST)

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan C/V 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

At 34,000 km, needed brake servicing ie cleaning which struck me as odd and cost me. Callipers were sticking and grinding brake pads. Right rear calliper was sticking off and on for some time with a thump in releasing. Trani - thumps when shifting from 2nd to 3rd on econo mode.

13 months and 17K miles: still going great
By oregonfamily on 07/01/12 13:13 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is an update to our previous reviews, and we remain very satisfied. The only problem we've had was intermittent cruise control at about 12K miles, which was fixed with replacement of the "clock-spring" wiring in the steering column, under warranty. It's been great as a daily driver, for long family trips, and loaded with kids for school field trips, soccer games, and the like. We've learned having the luggage rails up needlessly reduces mileage by nearly 2 mpg on long trips. This has been a exceptional, high-mileage year for us: we should be driving a bit less from now on, and plan on having the car for ten years or so.

10 months and 15k miles later
By stekicar on 03/06/12 19:24 PM (PST)

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

No problems until 11430 miles. Check engine light came on with P0128 indicating stuck thermostat. Took it to the dealership and they told me that it was not the thermostat but computer which did not know how to act on some data. They did the update on computer and immediately I noticed that transmission shifted from first to second gear with a "thud" sound while Econ button was on. When Econ button was off transmission was shifting from 1st to 2nd gear smooth but from 2nd to 3rd with hesitation (shudder). I thought it is because when they flashed computer everything was lost so computer had to learn all parameters again. Well, after 3500 miles nothing changed and I took it to dealership.

Best bang for your buck
By mightyquinn889 on 12/30/11 11:23 AM (PST)

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Mainstreet 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Wanted a reliable vehicle with 3rd row seating, nobody money wise can compare to the Caravan. Ford and Chevy stopped making mini vans and there comparable SUV's (traverese and Explorer) are way more.. Honda and Toyota Mini Vans are way more also. Caravan was majorly overhauled, nice comfortable seating, DVD entertainment system, stow and go storage, smooth ride (never feel any bumps), good warranty 5yr/100,000 miles, strong engine also has an economy fuel button where you get better gas mileage if you don't need all the HP in your engine at the time.

Big surprise from Dodge.
By jorgeramirerez on 09/05/11 07:09 AM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan R/T 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After years of swearing I would never buy a Dodge, countless positive reviews suggested it was time to take a look. I did, and liked it, and so I grabbed one. Excellent so far, with no complaints. No quality issues so far, and mileage has been as expected for this much power and acceleration.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan in VA is:

$108 per month*