Used 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Still good at 4 years and 57k miles
By oregonfamily

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Not much to add to our previous reviews at 1 and 2 years. Very good experience in almost all respects. 10k miles after brake rotor and pad replacement, we were back to vibration due to uneven wear. I don't think our driving is to blame, and the only thing the dealer could offer was live with it. We have, not a big deal, but it shouldn't be that way. There were a couple of interior trim and upholstery details that are showing wear sooner than they should have. Other than that, it's been good. If it keeps on like this, we'll see how much past 150k we can get. Still consider we made the right choice.

Engine very smooth. Features and controls are still just what we want. Great soccer/long-trip/vacation van.

Brake vibration seems like a very common Dodge GC complaint. Own up to the problem and offer a fix.

Replace Brakes every 12K Miles
By jimc888

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Express 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my Van new. At 14K miles replaced rear caliper, pads, rotors and adaptors. At 20K replaced front pads and rotors. At 26K told I need front pads, rotors, calipers and hoses $600. Also need same on rear $675. That's almost $1300 more after 14K & 20K brake jobs. Called Dodge Corp Complaint office. They checked into it and said that was normal wear & tear. Had a 2003 caravan and bakes lasted over 40K. Trading this in. I'm not spending $1300/yr for new brakes. Searched 2011 Caravan brake probems on Internet. Lots of complaints, but no help from Dodge. Having 2 complete brake jobs at less than 27K miles is NOT normal. I won't be buying any more Caravans.

Fix small calpers. Make calipers larger so they don't heat up and expand and stick on the rotors.

Almost 4 years and 75k later
By stekicar

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Replaced all four brake pads and rotors after 50k miles. Front had more then 6mm left while rear were closer to 3mm in thickness. Replaced with PowerStop rotors and ceramic pads. Had to replace front pads after only 15k miles. Rear ones were still like new. At 73k check engine went on and front (left) cylinder head was replaced under warranty. Also, upstream left O2 sensor was replaced. Still going strong. Very satisfied.

Stow n Go. Heated steering wheel and front/rear seats. Dual monitor setup. Stow n Go cross bars.

Better milage. Current actual average MPG is 20.88. Best milage was 27.04, worst 16.35. Refine transmission - not smooth shifting when Eco mode is on. Hybrid drive would be the best use for this type of vehicle.

A decent minivan
By dman76

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Express 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Currently drive a stripped down version of the 2011 Grand Caravan for my vanpool. I commute/drive 80 miles a day, and have sat in all seating positions. Performance: 3.6L is fairly peppy, transmission could be programmed better to be more responsive and less jerky. Average 23 to 24 mpg. (70% hwy) Comfort: Front seats are good. Middle seats are OK, granted you can slide it all the way back. Third row is tight on leg-room, even with middle seats all the way forward. (Stow n go design leaves little to no leg-room.) Anchor points for the middle seats' seat belts hinder 3rd row passengers from straddling their legs forward. Quiet interior. Overall, a good value, but not perfect.

Quiet Interior Stow n Go concept Peppy Engine Decent handling for a minivan Good on gas (for a minivan)

Better layout/spacing of seats. Hopefully the next generation of stow n go seats will allow decent legroom for ALL passengers. Improved crash worthiness in IIHS small overlap crash test. (I'm cutting Chrysler/Dodge some slack here, since this platform came out in 2008.) Diesel option? :-)

Great Value, Great Family Car
By mrjustin24

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Express 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased it used as a 1 owner car. It took me a while to come around to being a man in a van. However, hauling the kids or lumber from Lowe's this thing did it all. I was thoroughly impressed the cargo space and the versatility and ease of the folding seats. I never once had a reliability issue with it. The vehicle worked flawlessly the entire time I owned it. I easily got 27mpg on the highway despite the 25mpg rating. The only reason I don't still drive it is because my wife's Ford Taurus X was falling apart to the tune of $2K with only 70K miles on it. We had to trade in my Caravan with her car to make up the amount we were upside down in the Taurus X.

StowNGo Seats, Easy to keep clean, reliability, value

None from my time with it.