Hidden gem that may not be so hidden
By Jeff K. on
2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)
After 1 year of driving 09' Dodge Grand Caravan SE, I was ready to move up to SXT trim. Base engine was too weak and 4-speed AT just couldn't get into right gear, especially at low speeds. This probably contributed to higher than expected fuel consumption as most of my driving is in the city. If you need to get from point A to point B, then base engine will do. But, if you are a spirited driver like me, skip all the engine choices and just go with 4.0L. You will not regret it. Let me tell you: this car drives completely differently. The car accelerates effortlessly. Yes, upgrade to SXT trim will cost you more but with current incentives, the '10 SXT costs less than what I paid for '09 SE.
Favorite Features
Smooth 4.0L engine with 6AT. Stow-n-go seats. The vehicle is very roomy and can be converted to cargo just by folding back seats into floor in seconds. I test-drove Sienna, Odyssey and Sedona and none matched the performance of Grand Caravan. MPH is better in SXT vs. SE in stop-n-go traffic.
Suggested Improvements
Power windows button is too far in, push the assembly back by 2 inches. More color choices. Current choice now includes Titanium, it needs more colors. Also, I'd like to be able to change dashboard color to other than green. Currently, it looks outdated. Dodge: take a page out of Ford.