2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Review: Getting our fourth Transmissio

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Review

Getting our fourth Transmission
By Emily LaFountain on

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We are on our fourth transmission. This last transmission lasted less than 25 miles. We picked it up from the dealership and left, we did not get above 50 miles an hour and half way home the engine light went on and it would no longer shift in to second gear. We are not the only ones having this problem with this model (SE). There are three other vans being repaired for the same thing on only has 38 miles on it. We have owned the vehicle for 5 months now and have only been able to drive it maybe a total of 2 months not consecutively. The dealership said they want to put one more in before giving us a refund. I come from an extended family that only buys Dodge, but not any more.

I love the interior it is very comfortable for my children (2 & 3 months).There is lots of room for my husband and me to go on trips or to get things for home improvement jobs. I love the little flip down mirror in the center so I can see the boys in the back a little. The media system is great.

A better transmission for the SE and below model. Also just because it can be run by a computer maybe it should not, like the transmission.