2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Review: Decent van to haul kids and pa

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Review

SE Passenger Minivan (3.3L V6 FFV 4-speed Automatic)

Decent van to haul kids and packages
By Pete K. on

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, I am pleased with the vehicle. After putting 12k on it, here are my thoughts: all city driving mpg is overstated. I average 14 mpg (12 mpg with A/C on). This is total BS as Dodge claims the car should do much better. So far, the vehicle is fine, except for several well documented issues and I experienced both of them. After 7k, front rotors had to be machined and that was taken care quickly. At 11k, front wheel bearings were replaced. The car sounded like a jet at speeds above 30 mph. Also, the rear windshield wipers were making a screeching sound. The part was ordered and replaced. At stop and go, the tranny hunts for 2 and 3 gear, mostly guessing wrong but you can manually shift.

Seats that fold into floor. Aux jack in radio can be hooked up to my smartphone and used as bluetooth equal (car speakers+phone's built-in mic). Overall, a comfortable ride with comfortable seats.

Better fuel economy. Tires are a joke, needs better tires. Get rid of 4A tranny, get 5A or 6A standard. I heard 2011 model will have Pentastar V6, I would get that.