Used 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Update of previous review
By Paul Fritz

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 2010 GCSXT for 4 months and still very much enjoy it. It has the 4.0 BTW. The 30 GIG hard drive is really nice. I put the running boards on and it has really added to it. Everything still works as advertised. The pickup is really good and it is still right as a drum. I did drive it to New Port and got 27 MPG while doing around 70 all the way. I was going to get a factory nav system but ended up with a Garmin--much nicer and easier to use. Wind noise is not an issue and the seats (it has the lumbar support) were good for my trip. It was around 7 hours and I did not feel any pain in my back. Still happy I bought it.

Favorite Features

30 Gig HD, power doors and rear hatch, power windows in sliding doors. Good pickup, still tight, no rattles. Build quality is good. Nice wheels. Front end looks good. Dead on reliable. Rear air is very powerful.

Suggested Improvements

Center stack is bland, no telescoping steering wheel, no memory seats. (get the town and country for this item) Wish I had the blind spot detector (you can get it) like my wife's T&C. Video system is useless if you have no kids but it adds to the price (and profit).

Getting our fourth Transmission
By Emily LaFountain

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We are on our fourth transmission. This last transmission lasted less than 25 miles. We picked it up from the dealership and left, we did not get above 50 miles an hour and half way home the engine light went on and it would no longer shift in to second gear. We are not the only ones having this problem with this model (SE). There are three other vans being repaired for the same thing on only has 38 miles on it. We have owned the vehicle for 5 months now and have only been able to drive it maybe a total of 2 months not consecutively. The dealership said they want to put one more in before giving us a refund. I come from an extended family that only buys Dodge, but not any more.

Favorite Features

I love the interior it is very comfortable for my children (2 & 3 months).There is lots of room for my husband and me to go on trips or to get things for home improvement jobs. I love the little flip down mirror in the center so I can see the boys in the back a little. The media system is great.

Suggested Improvements

A better transmission for the SE and below model. Also just because it can be run by a computer maybe it should not, like the transmission.

Not just a good van but a great one!
By Tom S.

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

From the quiet and surprisingly capable 3.3 V6 to a comfortable ride, great brakes and super-van turning radius the Caravan does its job very well. The 3.3 doesn't rev quickly but moves the van well stoplight to stoplight which is surprising for such a heavy vehicle. This is due to plenty of low end torque from the 3.3 The stow & go rear seats are neat and fairly easy to fold down and raise up. While in the up position you have two cavernous floor storage compartments for suitcases, duffel bags, coolers etc. This is a really good and useful feature. The second row stowable seats also adjust fore/aft for taller passengers. Front seat comfort and steering/pedal placement is very good.

Favorite Features

- Flex fuel engine (E85 fuel costs less) - Sexy black metallic paint and black/light shale interior - Good base engine (3.3L V6) with decent low end torque and acceleration - Smooth ride - Quiet, comfortable cabin/seats for trips - Dual over/under glove boxes - Surprisingly good hwy MPG

Suggested Improvements

Muffler seems louder than normal until the muffler heats up, work on that. Take the manumatic feature out of the 4 speed automatic (not enough control over the transmission anyway) and just offer the 5 speed version across the line up. Change the remote start so you don't have to lock the car first

Great ReliablityI
By mb

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned 5 Grand Caravans and I am sold on its reliability. We recently purchased a new caravan because of a roll over accident with our old caravan. The passenger area stayed completely in tack. The air bags deployed as they were designed and my family was safe. We had a few bumps and bruises after rolling over 3 times. The Caravan is a very comfortable and utility vehicle for a family.The stow and Go especially.

Favorite Features

The stow and go back seats and sound system that so nicely gives you a surround sound feeling.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could be better

Bad Fuel Economy
By DK

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Overall the van is pretty nice. An issue with two kids in car seats in the middle row is, they don't have any place to put their things, like toys or such. they are in the bucket seats. I suppose the back row might be more feasible but then you can reach them from the front (hand them something). Handling, acceleration, etc, driving experience is great. First time owning/driving a caravan and this 2010 is nice; almost like a SUV. My biggest complaint thus far, after 1800miles, is the fuel mileage. 14 MPG in the city, driving ultra conservative w/ A/C (of course now it is showing 12 mpg). On long trip (300 miles) about 19-20. I'm thinking something is amiss here. This BLOWS.

Favorite Features

The NAV system, dual DVD system (great for the kids, it's now quiet driving), all the extra room, up high compared to cars.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy