Used 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

I think I found something special here
By Mike C.

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I was looking for a minivan that would easily carry my family and occasionally friends as well as packages. For me, car shopping takes a while, I test-drove all of them before making my decision. This Dodge was perfect for my needs and current incentives also were a big help. I test drove 3 trim levels, each with different engine configuration. Bottom line, if you are looking for value and you don't care about acceleration, take the base 3.3L engine. It's fine for the needs. 4.0L engine simply rocks, if you can spend an extra $2k, get that and never look back, it's that good. Another thing, gas mileage is better with bigger engine. So, you can potentially save money down the road.

4.0L Engine, stow-n-go seats, lots of room, great look (did you notice critics were all over Dodge for having this car look boxy, yet newly redesigned Sienna now looks boxy as well and critics are nowhere to be found? Hmm Electric doors, gas pedal is adjustable, very good sound system.

Would like to see memory button to save seat position. It would be nice to change green readouts to other colors such as amber or blue.

Hidden gem that may not be so hidden
By Jeff K.

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

After 1 year of driving 09' Dodge Grand Caravan SE, I was ready to move up to SXT trim. Base engine was too weak and 4-speed AT just couldn't get into right gear, especially at low speeds. This probably contributed to higher than expected fuel consumption as most of my driving is in the city. If you need to get from point A to point B, then base engine will do. But, if you are a spirited driver like me, skip all the engine choices and just go with 4.0L. You will not regret it. Let me tell you: this car drives completely differently. The car accelerates effortlessly. Yes, upgrade to SXT trim will cost you more but with current incentives, the '10 SXT costs less than what I paid for '09 SE.

Smooth 4.0L engine with 6AT. Stow-n-go seats. The vehicle is very roomy and can be converted to cargo just by folding back seats into floor in seconds. I test-drove Sienna, Odyssey and Sedona and none matched the performance of Grand Caravan. MPH is better in SXT vs. SE in stop-n-go traffic.

Power windows button is too far in, push the assembly back by 2 inches. More color choices. Current choice now includes Titanium, it needs more colors. Also, I'd like to be able to change dashboard color to other than green. Currently, it looks outdated. Dodge: take a page out of Ford.

Fun to drive
By Richard

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is one fine ride and lots of room to haul things . A COMFORTABLE ride.

More towing weight

Stow 'n Go Sold Me!
By Kristen E.

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Hero 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Having a DGC with the stow 'n go feature is like having two vehicles. In less than 30 seconds my 7-passenger kid-hauler turns into a very roomy and practical cargo-van. In fact, I can pack more in this van than I could in a un-covered pick-up truck! It is designed to fit a 4x8 sheets of material! Bravo, Chrysler. The fact that this van is stylish, very roomy, comfortable and competitively priced is just icing on the cake. There are so many seating/hauling possibilities! The fuel economy is not stellar, but it's better than a truck, and I find it much more useful. The tranny in mine was jerky at first, but after 2500 miles it shifts smooth as silk. The under floor storage is impressive too!!

Stow 'n Go, Audio controls on steering wheel, in-floor storage bins, 2/3 rear seat, conversation mirror (great with little ones behind you!), double glove compartment, tri-zone temp. controls

Gas mileage

Decent van to haul kids and packages
By Pete K.

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, I am pleased with the vehicle. After putting 12k on it, here are my thoughts: all city driving mpg is overstated. I average 14 mpg (12 mpg with A/C on). This is total BS as Dodge claims the car should do much better. So far, the vehicle is fine, except for several well documented issues and I experienced both of them. After 7k, front rotors had to be machined and that was taken care quickly. At 11k, front wheel bearings were replaced. The car sounded like a jet at speeds above 30 mph. Also, the rear windshield wipers were making a screeching sound. The part was ordered and replaced. At stop and go, the tranny hunts for 2 and 3 gear, mostly guessing wrong but you can manually shift.

Seats that fold into floor. Aux jack in radio can be hooked up to my smartphone and used as bluetooth equal (car speakers+phone's built-in mic). Overall, a comfortable ride with comfortable seats.

Better fuel economy. Tires are a joke, needs better tires. Get rid of 4A tranny, get 5A or 6A standard. I heard 2011 model will have Pentastar V6, I would get that.