2010 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
Complaint
By Dick Otto on 07/29/10 09:57 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I am not pleased with the shifting of this van. It is not smooth in fact it is to jerky for my taste. If you happen to let up on the gas just as it about to shift it drops a gear hard. Also it shifts down way too easily.

5th times the charm!
By SFR on 07/02/10 18:18 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Hero 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is our 5th Chrysler minivan in 10 years. Have to warm up to the exterior, the last generation's lines were much nicer. The interior more than makes up for it. Comfortable seats, controls in the right spot. Wanted the 3.8 and 6A but didn't want to pay the big bucks. Got what we wanted with the Hero. Miss the power sliders, but saved about $2200.00. We like the tightness of the suspension, a little stiffer than the last one. Not crazy about the gas mileage, but the 6A seems to rev higher in gears 1 to 3. All in all we are happy with this van and probably will keep it longer than the previous four!

This is our 5th Chrysler minivan
By Deborah Solko on 06/30/10 15:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Hero 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We have only had our 2010 Dodge Caravan for a week and we love it. It is beautiful, comfortable and we are sure of it's reliability because this is the 5th Chrysler minivan we have owned. We shopped around in an effort to find something we liked better and came right back to the Dodge Caravan. Nothing else even came close, especially for the price.

Great Van
By Sgt Rich on 06/19/10 10:40 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought A 2010 SXT w/ 4.0L in May, no long road trips yet but we get about 27 mpg on hwy and 17 mpg in town, not bad. Noticed a few weeks after we bought it a rattling noise coming from the driver sliding door, brought it to a local dealership, they couldn't find anything wrong, on the drive home the rattling stopped, haven't heard it since, strange. Have the Uconnect with two Video Entertainment systems, lifesaver with a two year old on longer drives. Easy to use controls(A/C, Cruise If your in the market for a this minivan, don't bother with the lower end models, its like a different vehicle stepping up to the SXT.

Excellent car
By P on 06/17/10 08:08 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I like it so much! I believe Chrysler made the best minivan. 2006 Dodge short base 3.3 L 175 hp has 26 mpg on highway. 2010 Dodge Grand 4.0L has 251 hp and 27 mpg! Very good result! Almost same fuel economy but more power! My kids so happy with 2 DVDs, table, LED lighting. MyGIG system awesome! I believe it is the quietest van on a market.

07 to 10
By t grobsmith on 06/06/10 09:51 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

miss the 07, I preferred the styling of the 07 over the 10. Both are nice vehicles but the 07 averaged 18 around town while the 10 gets 15. Highway the 07 would get 28 the 10 lucky to get 24. Also the gas is now 10% ethanol which does make a little difference.

Great Minivan
By Joe on 05/26/10 18:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

To be honest I had a Chevy Venture with 150K, traded that for a Ford Freestyle and had nothing but issues. So with the deals on the Grand Caravan I went with it. I work in Florida so I drove 1300 miles through the hills of Tennessee and Georgia. I averaged the whole trip 26.85. Not bad for the hills. The city I am not too pleased with since I averaged two fill ups around 15 MPG. But the car is brand new, so we will work on getting those numbers up. The car is fun to drive and the quality is better than Ford and Chevy! And to top it off I have the Lifetime Bumper to Bumper Warranty and Lidetime Rust Protection so this car is a best buy because it should be my last! I plan to keep this car!

Brake Issue
By TMN on 05/15/10 19:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car because of our expanding family; I regret it! I have had the van in the shop 3 times going on 4 for pulsating brakes. The rotors on this vehicle are terrible in the front and rear! The fronts have been replaced and the rear ones cut down. I bought this vehicle for the dependability and safety. It's not dependable if it has been in the shop going on 4 times in 6 months. I would not buy another dodge caravan or reccomend it to family or friends if asked.

Very Concerned
By Crystal Reason on 05/13/10 10:20 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Haven't had car for 1 week, and already I am hearing sounds as I accelerate. Similiar to a another reveiw. The sound is so loud I cannnot ignore if I tried.

Good Value
By tomurban on 04/01/10 19:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We only have this vehicle for two weeks. It seems to be a vast improvement over the 2007 that we turned in. Good ride quality as well as good build quality. No squeaks or rattles. Gas mileage is acceptable for a 3700 lb vehicle and four speed auto.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan in VA is:

$104 per month*