2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Review: Ignore others' slams on this v

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Review

Ignore others' slams on this vehicle
By Anonymous on

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Hero 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We're a growing family, and with another kid on the way decided it was time for us to pick up a minivan. Initially, we set out to buy a Toyota Sienna because of Toyota's reputation. But, we came off feeling a little disappointed with the entry-level Sienna: the interior was very lackluster, you have to upgrade to even get "stain resistant" seats, and the versatility of the interior wasn't what we expected. On a whim, we pulled into the Dodge dealership after a day of test-driving Siennas and a pre-owned Honda Odyssey. We were pleasantly surprised. To us, the entry Caravan's beat the Siennas. Opt for at least the 3.8 V6 though. We bought one and after 2 months are super- pleased w/it.

Stow and go is awesome. It makes the vehicle so much more versatile. Performance is good with the 3.8 and 4.0 V6 (the 3.3 is a dog). I feel to young to say that I like a minivan, but I'll admit that I actually like this thing. It makes family logistics so much easier.

It's not the most attractive to me, but it's not ugly either. They've made improvements since this style was introduced: nicer wheels, painted moldings, aluminum interior touches that the sienna didn't have. But, if I wanted "fancy", I would've kept the german sedan that I traded for this thing.