Used 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Hero Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Grand-caravan - Consumer Reviews

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Ignore others' slams on this vehicle
By Anonymous

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Hero 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We're a growing family, and with another kid on the way decided it was time for us to pick up a minivan. Initially, we set out to buy a Toyota Sienna because of Toyota's reputation. But, we came off feeling a little disappointed with the entry-level Sienna: the interior was very lackluster, you have to upgrade to even get "stain resistant" seats, and the versatility of the interior wasn't what we expected. On a whim, we pulled into the Dodge dealership after a day of test-driving Siennas and a pre-owned Honda Odyssey. We were pleasantly surprised. To us, the entry Caravan's beat the Siennas. Opt for at least the 3.8 V6 though. We bought one and after 2 months are super- pleased w/it.

Favorite Features

Stow and go is awesome. It makes the vehicle so much more versatile. Performance is good with the 3.8 and 4.0 V6 (the 3.3 is a dog). I feel to young to say that I like a minivan, but I'll admit that I actually like this thing. It makes family logistics so much easier.

Suggested Improvements

It's not the most attractive to me, but it's not ugly either. They've made improvements since this style was introduced: nicer wheels, painted moldings, aluminum interior touches that the sienna didn't have. But, if I wanted "fancy", I would've kept the german sedan that I traded for this thing.

Number 5 is Alive
By Temecula 4

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Hero 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Well, we just traded in our 4th Chrysler Van product in a row, a 2005 GC. We got the 2010 Hero with great factory and dealer incentives. And while reliability at over 90,000 miles has never been a Chrysler strong suit, the functionality of the GC is unsurpassed in its class. The unbelievable selling pint to buy one of these NOW, is the available Lifetime unlimited miles bumper to bumper warranty. that I have never felt before. We have had Stow n Go seating on the 05, and are please to see it is still offered in 2010. Driving the new van home it felt solid and sporty. Acceleration and passing power are ample with the 3.8. I have owned the 3.3 and do not recommend it.

Favorite Features

Stow and go seating. Interior color combination of dark charcoal seating and carpets with beige headliner and side panels. Great interior room and storage. Built in rear view kiddie mirror. Power windows in second row doors. Soothing and appealing blue dash lighting.

Suggested Improvements

6 speaker sound system lacks bass response, subwoofer should be added. Fuel economy in city continues to be poor with this model year, aqs it has historically been. Hazard light activation with side door operation while in park is not on this model, but was on previous generation, this is missed.

Stow 'n Go Sold Me!
By Kristen E.

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Hero 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Having a DGC with the stow 'n go feature is like having two vehicles. In less than 30 seconds my 7-passenger kid-hauler turns into a very roomy and practical cargo-van. In fact, I can pack more in this van than I could in a un-covered pick-up truck! It is designed to fit a 4x8 sheets of material! Bravo, Chrysler. The fact that this van is stylish, very roomy, comfortable and competitively priced is just icing on the cake. There are so many seating/hauling possibilities! The fuel economy is not stellar, but it's better than a truck, and I find it much more useful. The tranny in mine was jerky at first, but after 2500 miles it shifts smooth as silk. The under floor storage is impressive too!!

Favorite Features

Stow 'n Go, Audio controls on steering wheel, in-floor storage bins, 2/3 rear seat, conversation mirror (great with little ones behind you!), double glove compartment, tri-zone temp. controls

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage

5th times the charm!
By SFR

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Hero 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is our 5th Chrysler minivan in 10 years. Have to warm up to the exterior, the last generation's lines were much nicer. The interior more than makes up for it. Comfortable seats, controls in the right spot. Wanted the 3.8 and 6A but didn't want to pay the big bucks. Got what we wanted with the Hero. Miss the power sliders, but saved about $2200.00. We like the tightness of the suspension, a little stiffer than the last one. Not crazy about the gas mileage, but the 6A seems to rev higher in gears 1 to 3. All in all we are happy with this van and probably will keep it longer than the previous four!

Favorite Features

Interior design, Stow and Go seating, Sirius sat. radio.

Suggested Improvements

Try to figure a way to improve gas mileage.

This is our 5th Chrysler minivan
By Deborah Solko

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Hero 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We have only had our 2010 Dodge Caravan for a week and we love it. It is beautiful, comfortable and we are sure of it's reliability because this is the 5th Chrysler minivan we have owned. We shopped around in an effort to find something we liked better and came right back to the Dodge Caravan. Nothing else even came close, especially for the price.

Favorite Features

Stow N Go seats, cup holders and storage compartments everywhere, sliding door windows that roll down, removable console - my favorite feature.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to be able to see the temperature outside from the passenger seat. I think there is more leg room in the second row than in the front seat. I would like more front seat leg room.