2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
Meet Babe, the Blue Ox.
By sailorbeavis on 06/23/11 21:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Got this Pearl Water Blue SE with a two-tone interior in March 2010 as a work truck. It replaced a 2006 Caravan. Dodge made some improvements and fell short in others. The van handles better thanks to bigger tires and minor suspension improvements, but the 3.3L engine is a dog coupled to the four-speed transmission. If I had a choice I would've gone for the 3.8L; you are not going anywhere fast in this van. Once up to speed it's reasonably stout and stable, and road noise is minimal. I love the Stow 'n Go and the additional storage places, but the cheap plastic on this car inside and out scratches/marks easily and is not as nice-looking as my old van, nor is it holding up as well.

Fun to drive
By Richard on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is one fine ride and lots of room to haul things . A COMFORTABLE ride.

Decent van to haul kids and packages
By Pete K. on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, I am pleased with the vehicle. After putting 12k on it, here are my thoughts: all city driving mpg is overstated. I average 14 mpg (12 mpg with A/C on). This is total BS as Dodge claims the car should do much better. So far, the vehicle is fine, except for several well documented issues and I experienced both of them. After 7k, front rotors had to be machined and that was taken care quickly. At 11k, front wheel bearings were replaced. The car sounded like a jet at speeds above 30 mph. Also, the rear windshield wipers were making a screeching sound. The part was ordered and replaced. At stop and go, the tranny hunts for 2 and 3 gear, mostly guessing wrong but you can manually shift.

Getting our fourth Transmission
By Emily LaFountain on 09/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We are on our fourth transmission. This last transmission lasted less than 25 miles. We picked it up from the dealership and left, we did not get above 50 miles an hour and half way home the engine light went on and it would no longer shift in to second gear. We are not the only ones having this problem with this model (SE). There are three other vans being repaired for the same thing on only has 38 miles on it. We have owned the vehicle for 5 months now and have only been able to drive it maybe a total of 2 months not consecutively. The dealership said they want to put one more in before giving us a refund. I come from an extended family that only buys Dodge, but not any more.

Not just a good van but a great one!
By Tom S. on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

From the quiet and surprisingly capable 3.3 V6 to a comfortable ride, great brakes and super-van turning radius the Caravan does its job very well. The 3.3 doesn't rev quickly but moves the van well stoplight to stoplight which is surprising for such a heavy vehicle. This is due to plenty of low end torque from the 3.3 The stow & go rear seats are neat and fairly easy to fold down and raise up. While in the up position you have two cavernous floor storage compartments for suitcases, duffel bags, coolers etc. This is a really good and useful feature. The second row stowable seats also adjust fore/aft for taller passengers. Front seat comfort and steering/pedal placement is very good.

Great Minivan
By Joe on 05/26/10 18:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

To be honest I had a Chevy Venture with 150K, traded that for a Ford Freestyle and had nothing but issues. So with the deals on the Grand Caravan I went with it. I work in Florida so I drove 1300 miles through the hills of Tennessee and Georgia. I averaged the whole trip 26.85. Not bad for the hills. The city I am not too pleased with since I averaged two fill ups around 15 MPG. But the car is brand new, so we will work on getting those numbers up. The car is fun to drive and the quality is better than Ford and Chevy! And to top it off I have the Lifetime Bumper to Bumper Warranty and Lidetime Rust Protection so this car is a best buy because it should be my last! I plan to keep this car!

Brake Issue
By TMN on 05/15/10 19:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car because of our expanding family; I regret it! I have had the van in the shop 3 times going on 4 for pulsating brakes. The rotors on this vehicle are terrible in the front and rear! The fronts have been replaced and the rear ones cut down. I bought this vehicle for the dependability and safety. It's not dependable if it has been in the shop going on 4 times in 6 months. I would not buy another dodge caravan or reccomend it to family or friends if asked.

Very Concerned
By Crystal Reason on 05/13/10 10:20 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Haven't had car for 1 week, and already I am hearing sounds as I accelerate. Similiar to a another reveiw. The sound is so loud I cannnot ignore if I tried.

Good Value
By tomurban on 04/01/10 19:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We only have this vehicle for two weeks. It seems to be a vast improvement over the 2007 that we turned in. Good ride quality as well as good build quality. No squeaks or rattles. Gas mileage is acceptable for a 3700 lb vehicle and four speed auto.

Hidden Gem
By Jeff S. on 01/31/10 00:45 AM (PST)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking at Ford TransConnect and decided to give Dodge a look-see. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised by this vehicle. I instantly loved the Stow-n- Go seats. This allows me to quickly turn minivan into a cargo van. Front seats are surprisingly comfortable. The only knack I found was the location of front power window buttons. I keep hitting the back one, even now (just move them all back by 1 inch or so). Gas economy is average. You really get your money's worth on highway. In the city, I average slightly below 16mpg. After driving the van for 5k miles, the only problem was the squeaking sound rear windshield arm was making but that was fixed quickly.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan in VA is:

$94 per month*