2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
Bad brake design
By alflaggs on 04/09/14 10:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The rear brakes on my 2010 Caravan do not release properly and the brakes wear down in less than 25,000 miles. It is in need of a second set of rotors, pads, and calipers on the rear AGAIN. Looking online, I find this a very common problem...I think because of the poor design. On almost all cars, the braking force goes 70% to the front, 30% to the rear. The 2010 Caravan is designed for 50/50 braking and that seems to be too much to the rear brakes. In addition, the rear calipers do not seem to release fully when the brakes are let off. Chrysler really needs to address this problem since it is causing premature brake failure.

LEAKING SUNROOF
By jmie2 on 01/07/12 05:23 AM (PST)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

My factory installed sunroof has leaked from the beginning and now AFTER 5 times in the shop for 42 days, Chrysler has taken the position I don't clean the drainage system properly and will not do anything. The new design allows water to leak around sunroof and be directed away by a drainage system. WELL when it allows water it ALSO ALLOWS dirt, pollen and maybe tree sap in which clogs the drains VERY QUICKLY (my last incident was only 52 days and I had 1 1/2" of water in my center console) i have a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica with a sunroof parked in same driveway as van and it has never leaked - WHY does this need so much maintaince - EASY POOR DESIGN but Chrysler will not take responsibility

Family Car
By cricker on 04/10/11 07:33 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I was all set on an SUV and on a whim stopped in a Dodge dealership. The dodge grand caravan offered so much more space for all the things we bring on family trips. We were sold despite the poor reviews. 3 wks later we took the car on our first trip. There was room to spare even with 2 adults and 3 kids. Finally! However, on the trip the cruise control started acting up. When breaking the transmission would downshift and try to accelerate. You had to turn it off on the button and not with the break. Then it wouldn't shift into drive after we stopped for gas. 920 miles on the car 3 wks old and we had to spend two nights in the middle of no where for a minor repair to be completed.

Don't let the bias fool you
By joeinoh on 12/14/10 22:17 PM (PST)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I'm amazed the media, Edmund's included, doesn't rate this vehicle higher in its class. I reviewed minivans extensively when I found out that my wife was pregnant with our third child. After reading a few website reviews I was strongly leaning to Toy/Honda. Claimed reliability issues, build quality and a "warped bumper cover" had me running scared from the Dodge/Chrysler. I tested the Toy & Honda units & was not impressed. Then I rented a T&C for a weekend road trip. I was entirely impressed. I don't know why this product line gets the bad rap it does. Stow & Go alone sold me on the Dodge. I see Dodge units with over 200k miles all the time. Drive one before you buy a Toy or Honda.

Update of previous review
By Paul Fritz on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 2010 GCSXT for 4 months and still very much enjoy it. It has the 4.0 BTW. The 30 GIG hard drive is really nice. I put the running boards on and it has really added to it. Everything still works as advertised. The pickup is really good and it is still right as a drum. I did drive it to New Port and got 27 MPG while doing around 70 all the way. I was going to get a factory nav system but ended up with a Garmin--much nicer and easier to use. Wind noise is not an issue and the seats (it has the lumbar support) were good for my trip. It was around 7 hours and I did not feel any pain in my back. Still happy I bought it.

Great ReliablityI
By mb on 09/04/10 11:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned 5 Grand Caravans and I am sold on its reliability. We recently purchased a new caravan because of a roll over accident with our old caravan. The passenger area stayed completely in tack. The air bags deployed as they were designed and my family was safe. We had a few bumps and bruises after rolling over 3 times. The Caravan is a very comfortable and utility vehicle for a family.The stow and Go especially.

Interior squeaks & noises
By shirley on 07/30/10 18:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my van 2 months ago. This is my 5th. van and probably won't get another one now that children are grown. I do notice a rattling on the driver side door or where the seat belt retractor. I couldn't pinpoint exactly where the rattle was coming from but I had the dealer check my seat belts & they couldn't find anything wrong. The interior in my 2006 seemed to better constructed. And the seat belts buckle make a squeaking sound.I'm concerned about their structural integrity.

Complaint
By Dick Otto on 07/29/10 09:57 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I am not pleased with the shifting of this van. It is not smooth in fact it is to jerky for my taste. If you happen to let up on the gas just as it about to shift it drops a gear hard. Also it shifts down way too easily.

Excellent car
By P on 06/17/10 08:08 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I like it so much! I believe Chrysler made the best minivan. 2006 Dodge short base 3.3 L 175 hp has 26 mpg on highway. 2010 Dodge Grand 4.0L has 251 hp and 27 mpg! Very good result! Almost same fuel economy but more power! My kids so happy with 2 DVDs, table, LED lighting. MyGIG system awesome! I believe it is the quietest van on a market.

07 to 10
By t grobsmith on 06/06/10 09:51 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

miss the 07, I preferred the styling of the 07 over the 10. Both are nice vehicles but the 07 averaged 18 around town while the 10 gets 15. Highway the 07 would get 28 the 10 lucky to get 24. Also the gas is now 10% ethanol which does make a little difference.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan in VA is:

$120 per month*