Used 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Flawless, and took a hell of a hit and kept us safe
By jzj1

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I had this vehicle for three years: purchased it used in 2012, and it was totaled in 2015. It had a transmission bearing replaced immediately before I bought it, but aside from that it went 60,000 miles without a single flaw. I liked the vehicle's dimensions, stow-and-go seating, and fuss-less attitude. PLEASE don't let elderly people drive if not in good health: a guy in his 80's in bad health passed out at the wheel and drove at about 45mph directly into the side of the van. I think airbags are one of the great modern inventions, and they may well have saved my family's life: we walked out scratched and battered, but nothing really serious. I am going to go get another one of these.

1. safety 2. reliability 3. stow-and-go seats 4. interior and exterior dimensions 5. value

make bluetooth standard equipment on all cars

Bad brake design
By alflaggs

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The rear brakes on my 2010 Caravan do not release properly and the brakes wear down in less than 25,000 miles. It is in need of a second set of rotors, pads, and calipers on the rear AGAIN. Looking online, I find this a very common problem...I think because of the poor design. On almost all cars, the braking force goes 70% to the front, 30% to the rear. The 2010 Caravan is designed for 50/50 braking and that seems to be too much to the rear brakes. In addition, the rear calipers do not seem to release fully when the brakes are let off. Chrysler really needs to address this problem since it is causing premature brake failure.

Reduce braking pressure to the rear wheels. Maybe a smaller caliper piston would be an easy fix?

LEAKING SUNROOF
By jmie2

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

My factory installed sunroof has leaked from the beginning and now AFTER 5 times in the shop for 42 days, Chrysler has taken the position I don't clean the drainage system properly and will not do anything. The new design allows water to leak around sunroof and be directed away by a drainage system. WELL when it allows water it ALSO ALLOWS dirt, pollen and maybe tree sap in which clogs the drains VERY QUICKLY (my last incident was only 52 days and I had 1 1/2" of water in my center console) i have a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica with a sunroof parked in same driveway as van and it has never leaked - WHY does this need so much maintaince - EASY POOR DESIGN but Chrysler will not take responsibility

Re-design Sunroof system

Family Car
By cricker

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I was all set on an SUV and on a whim stopped in a Dodge dealership. The dodge grand caravan offered so much more space for all the things we bring on family trips. We were sold despite the poor reviews. 3 wks later we took the car on our first trip. There was room to spare even with 2 adults and 3 kids. Finally! However, on the trip the cruise control started acting up. When breaking the transmission would downshift and try to accelerate. You had to turn it off on the button and not with the break. Then it wouldn't shift into drive after we stopped for gas. 920 miles on the car 3 wks old and we had to spend two nights in the middle of no where for a minor repair to be completed.

Storage options, heated seats, opening side doors and rear lift gate

Reliability, breaks

Don't let the bias fool you
By joeinoh

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I'm amazed the media, Edmund's included, doesn't rate this vehicle higher in its class. I reviewed minivans extensively when I found out that my wife was pregnant with our third child. After reading a few website reviews I was strongly leaning to Toy/Honda. Claimed reliability issues, build quality and a "warped bumper cover" had me running scared from the Dodge/Chrysler. I tested the Toy & Honda units & was not impressed. Then I rented a T&C for a weekend road trip. I was entirely impressed. I don't know why this product line gets the bad rap it does. Stow & Go alone sold me on the Dodge. I see Dodge units with over 200k miles all the time. Drive one before you buy a Toy or Honda.

Easily Stow n Go. I'd buy the Dodge/Chrysler for this feature alone. My 10 year old can fold the entire rear of this vehicle in 30 seconds. Perfectly flat floor that swallows drywall and 4x8 sheets of plywood. I no longer need my 3rd vehicle (old truck). Comfortable front seats. Vehicle reliability.

nothing stands out.