Used 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Meet Babe, the Blue Ox.
By sailorbeavis

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Got this Pearl Water Blue SE with a two-tone interior in March 2010 as a work truck. It replaced a 2006 Caravan. Dodge made some improvements and fell short in others. The van handles better thanks to bigger tires and minor suspension improvements, but the 3.3L engine is a dog coupled to the four-speed transmission. If I had a choice I would've gone for the 3.8L; you are not going anywhere fast in this van. Once up to speed it's reasonably stout and stable, and road noise is minimal. I love the Stow 'n Go and the additional storage places, but the cheap plastic on this car inside and out scratches/marks easily and is not as nice-looking as my old van, nor is it holding up as well.

Stow 'n Go is the major selling point for this vehicle, as no other competitor offers anything exactly like it. This vehicle can go from being a people-hauler to a cargo hauler in ten minutes or less. That's impressive and often necessary for families who only can afford one car. As a work truck it beats driving a big cargo van or a pickup, but the seats are not comfortable enough for driving all day (and my driving time is sometimes 80% of the day). I can understand no adjustable lumbar support on a Ford Fiesta or a Kia Rio. But on a $25,000 minivan? That's an insult.

Fix the cheap look of the van (already, largely, done in the 2012 redux) inside and out. Retire the archaic engines (again, fixed for 2012) and improve the climate control system, which is pathetic at best. Standard USB integration would be nice, as would manual lumbar adjustment on the basic seats.

Fun to drive
By Richard

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is one fine ride and lots of room to haul things . A COMFORTABLE ride.

More towing weight

Decent van to haul kids and packages
By Pete K.

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, I am pleased with the vehicle. After putting 12k on it, here are my thoughts: all city driving mpg is overstated. I average 14 mpg (12 mpg with A/C on). This is total BS as Dodge claims the car should do much better. So far, the vehicle is fine, except for several well documented issues and I experienced both of them. After 7k, front rotors had to be machined and that was taken care quickly. At 11k, front wheel bearings were replaced. The car sounded like a jet at speeds above 30 mph. Also, the rear windshield wipers were making a screeching sound. The part was ordered and replaced. At stop and go, the tranny hunts for 2 and 3 gear, mostly guessing wrong but you can manually shift.

Seats that fold into floor. Aux jack in radio can be hooked up to my smartphone and used as bluetooth equal (car speakers+phone's built-in mic). Overall, a comfortable ride with comfortable seats.

Better fuel economy. Tires are a joke, needs better tires. Get rid of 4A tranny, get 5A or 6A standard. I heard 2011 model will have Pentastar V6, I would get that.

Getting our fourth Transmission
By Emily LaFountain

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We are on our fourth transmission. This last transmission lasted less than 25 miles. We picked it up from the dealership and left, we did not get above 50 miles an hour and half way home the engine light went on and it would no longer shift in to second gear. We are not the only ones having this problem with this model (SE). There are three other vans being repaired for the same thing on only has 38 miles on it. We have owned the vehicle for 5 months now and have only been able to drive it maybe a total of 2 months not consecutively. The dealership said they want to put one more in before giving us a refund. I come from an extended family that only buys Dodge, but not any more.

I love the interior it is very comfortable for my children (2 & 3 months).There is lots of room for my husband and me to go on trips or to get things for home improvement jobs. I love the little flip down mirror in the center so I can see the boys in the back a little. The media system is great.

A better transmission for the SE and below model. Also just because it can be run by a computer maybe it should not, like the transmission.

Not just a good van but a great one!
By Tom S.

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

From the quiet and surprisingly capable 3.3 V6 to a comfortable ride, great brakes and super-van turning radius the Caravan does its job very well. The 3.3 doesn't rev quickly but moves the van well stoplight to stoplight which is surprising for such a heavy vehicle. This is due to plenty of low end torque from the 3.3 The stow & go rear seats are neat and fairly easy to fold down and raise up. While in the up position you have two cavernous floor storage compartments for suitcases, duffel bags, coolers etc. This is a really good and useful feature. The second row stowable seats also adjust fore/aft for taller passengers. Front seat comfort and steering/pedal placement is very good.

- Flex fuel engine (E85 fuel costs less) - Sexy black metallic paint and black/light shale interior - Good base engine (3.3L V6) with decent low end torque and acceleration - Smooth ride - Quiet, comfortable cabin/seats for trips - Dual over/under glove boxes - Surprisingly good hwy MPG

Muffler seems louder than normal until the muffler heats up, work on that. Take the manumatic feature out of the 4 speed automatic (not enough control over the transmission anyway) and just offer the 5 speed version across the line up. Change the remote start so you don't have to lock the car first