Used 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Flawless, and took a hell of a hit and kept us safe
By jzj1

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I had this vehicle for three years: purchased it used in 2012, and it was totaled in 2015. It had a transmission bearing replaced immediately before I bought it, but aside from that it went 60,000 miles without a single flaw. I liked the vehicle's dimensions, stow-and-go seating, and fuss-less attitude. PLEASE don't let elderly people drive if not in good health: a guy in his 80's in bad health passed out at the wheel and drove at about 45mph directly into the side of the van. I think airbags are one of the great modern inventions, and they may well have saved my family's life: we walked out scratched and battered, but nothing really serious. I am going to go get another one of these.

1. safety 2. reliability 3. stow-and-go seats 4. interior and exterior dimensions 5. value

make bluetooth standard equipment on all cars

Bad brake design
By alflaggs

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The rear brakes on my 2010 Caravan do not release properly and the brakes wear down in less than 25,000 miles. It is in need of a second set of rotors, pads, and calipers on the rear AGAIN. Looking online, I find this a very common problem...I think because of the poor design. On almost all cars, the braking force goes 70% to the front, 30% to the rear. The 2010 Caravan is designed for 50/50 braking and that seems to be too much to the rear brakes. In addition, the rear calipers do not seem to release fully when the brakes are let off. Chrysler really needs to address this problem since it is causing premature brake failure.

Reduce braking pressure to the rear wheels. Maybe a smaller caliper piston would be an easy fix?

2010 Great Little Grand Caravan C/V
By mikeway05

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan C/V 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this one with 101,000 miles on it .. It drove out nice.. No noise problems at all .. It even had a nice storage bin in the back for my parts .. As a Appliance Repair Service Technician I need something dependable and reasonable to operate .. Easy on Gas .. Changed to a K & N air filter made all the difference in the world .. Now getting an extra 4 miles per gallon with a 3.3 engine .. Others say that the engine is a dog but I actually love it !! This Baby really cruises nice on the interstate .. and gives me more comfort than my other Chevy Astro ...

I really love the 3 doors that provide extra access for me to get to my parts bins from all 3 sides of the vehicle .. I like the windows in the back that automatically open with a flip of a switch to let hot air out while I'm working so my van doesn't get hot inside .. They open just enough to let air out and I don't have to worry if it rains .. Nice feature Dodge !! The turning radius if great !! I can make sharp turns on regular streets instead of going all the way around the block if I miss a stop which saves me time .. I checked with the dealer and found out that the drive axles are very in-expensive to replace if you have problems with them . This is good to know for a work van ..

I would like to suggest that they make the stow-n-go area more accessable for service technicians to store parts instead of just covering it over with a metal plate and some plywood .. This could be accomplished by easy to open covers like Lexus has in their RX330 and 350's .. Parts would be out of the way and out of site .. and the floor still could be used for larger boxes of parts if needed . Cabin filters are must for all cargo vans !! Different boxes have different smells are annoying sometimes . How about a couple of more speakers instead just 2 in the door ? You know technicians like to listen to music too . Speakers don't cost that much and it adds to the value of the van..

LEAKING SUNROOF
By jmie2

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

My factory installed sunroof has leaked from the beginning and now AFTER 5 times in the shop for 42 days, Chrysler has taken the position I don't clean the drainage system properly and will not do anything. The new design allows water to leak around sunroof and be directed away by a drainage system. WELL when it allows water it ALSO ALLOWS dirt, pollen and maybe tree sap in which clogs the drains VERY QUICKLY (my last incident was only 52 days and I had 1 1/2" of water in my center console) i have a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica with a sunroof parked in same driveway as van and it has never leaked - WHY does this need so much maintaince - EASY POOR DESIGN but Chrysler will not take responsibility

Re-design Sunroof system

Meet Babe, the Blue Ox.
By sailorbeavis

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Got this Pearl Water Blue SE with a two-tone interior in March 2010 as a work truck. It replaced a 2006 Caravan. Dodge made some improvements and fell short in others. The van handles better thanks to bigger tires and minor suspension improvements, but the 3.3L engine is a dog coupled to the four-speed transmission. If I had a choice I would've gone for the 3.8L; you are not going anywhere fast in this van. Once up to speed it's reasonably stout and stable, and road noise is minimal. I love the Stow 'n Go and the additional storage places, but the cheap plastic on this car inside and out scratches/marks easily and is not as nice-looking as my old van, nor is it holding up as well.

Stow 'n Go is the major selling point for this vehicle, as no other competitor offers anything exactly like it. This vehicle can go from being a people-hauler to a cargo hauler in ten minutes or less. That's impressive and often necessary for families who only can afford one car. As a work truck it beats driving a big cargo van or a pickup, but the seats are not comfortable enough for driving all day (and my driving time is sometimes 80% of the day). I can understand no adjustable lumbar support on a Ford Fiesta or a Kia Rio. But on a $25,000 minivan? That's an insult.

Fix the cheap look of the van (already, largely, done in the 2012 redux) inside and out. Retire the archaic engines (again, fixed for 2012) and improve the climate control system, which is pathetic at best. Standard USB integration would be nice, as would manual lumbar adjustment on the basic seats.