Used 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Purchse if the price and trade are right!
By Dee Wong

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Hero 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Hitch for towing and alarm installed

100k and only minor issues
By Patrick L.

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The brakes are the only really issue. Two sets of pads and one set of rotors. That's not really bad. I commute 90 miles a day in Colorado and I have no real complaints.

Beware of this car
By Mae

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

My car stalls on me while driving and leaves me without power steering or power brakes. Took it to dealer I bought it from and they got it to duplicate a couple of times and one time the person driving it was going 30 miles an hour and he said it stalled and he almost wrecked my car and it was not safe for me to be in. The transmisson is also clunking and making my car jump when coming to a stop. There are no codes popping up when this happens, so they say they don't know what to fix, so they don't fix it. Have a case going with customer service, but very hard to contact when you need to speak to them and dealership has a tendency to not respond to their request. I have been driving this going off an off ramp and it stalled and making turns and it stalled. Very deadly car. GM says he wants to get me into different car, but excuses all the time. BEWARE!!! Paid money already, and it did not fix problem and no refund.

Beware of RECALLS!
By Brittany

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Currently, there is a recall on 2008-2010 Dodge Grand Caravans. There is a problem with the Wireless Ignition Node, which can cause the key to shift from the on to accessory position and cause the engine and vehicle to lose power - thus increasing the likelihood of a crash. Unless this recall has been fixed, this van is not safe to drive. Right now the replacement parts are backordered, with a minimum wait time of 4 months. So if you are shopping in the used car market, make sure this recall has been fixed before you purchase. Dealerships DO NOT check to see if this recall has been fixed. Check specific VIN numbers at www.safercar.gov. I hope this saves someone the headache we are now suffering :(

Besides the ignition being unsafe, we have enjoyed this van. It's very comfortable and roomy; it drives nice. My low rating is due to the recall and lack of parts to fix it.

Flawless, and took a hell of a hit and kept us safe
By jzj1

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I had this vehicle for three years: purchased it used in 2012, and it was totaled in 2015. It had a transmission bearing replaced immediately before I bought it, but aside from that it went 60,000 miles without a single flaw. I liked the vehicle's dimensions, stow-and-go seating, and fuss-less attitude.

PLEASE don't let elderly people drive if not in good health: a guy in his 80's in bad health passed out at the wheel and drove at about 45mph directly into the side of the van. I think airbags are one of the great modern inventions, and they may well have saved my family's life: we walked out scratched and battered, but nothing really serious. I am going to go get another one of these.

1. safety 2. reliability 3. stow-and-go seats 4. interior and exterior dimensions 5. value

make bluetooth standard equipment on all cars