2010 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
transmission
By henke009 on 03/18/11 16:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

after 9000 km the transmission bearing is gone, my first dodge in my life and definitly last one, too much hasle, because of the brand new car............???

I think I found something special here
By Mike C. on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I was looking for a minivan that would easily carry my family and occasionally friends as well as packages. For me, car shopping takes a while, I test-drove all of them before making my decision. This Dodge was perfect for my needs and current incentives also were a big help. I test drove 3 trim levels, each with different engine configuration. Bottom line, if you are looking for value and you don't care about acceleration, take the base 3.3L engine. It's fine for the needs. 4.0L engine simply rocks, if you can spend an extra $2k, get that and never look back, it's that good. Another thing, gas mileage is better with bigger engine. So, you can potentially save money down the road.

Hidden gem that may not be so hidden
By Jeff K. on 10/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

After 1 year of driving 09' Dodge Grand Caravan SE, I was ready to move up to SXT trim. Base engine was too weak and 4-speed AT just couldn't get into right gear, especially at low speeds. This probably contributed to higher than expected fuel consumption as most of my driving is in the city. If you need to get from point A to point B, then base engine will do. But, if you are a spirited driver like me, skip all the engine choices and just go with 4.0L. You will not regret it. Let me tell you: this car drives completely differently. The car accelerates effortlessly. Yes, upgrade to SXT trim will cost you more but with current incentives, the '10 SXT costs less than what I paid for '09 SE.

Bad Fuel Economy
By DK on 08/10/10 08:37 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Overall the van is pretty nice. An issue with two kids in car seats in the middle row is, they don't have any place to put their things, like toys or such. they are in the bucket seats. I suppose the back row might be more feasible but then you can reach them from the front (hand them something). Handling, acceleration, etc, driving experience is great. First time owning/driving a caravan and this 2010 is nice; almost like a SUV. My biggest complaint thus far, after 1800miles, is the fuel mileage. 14 MPG in the city, driving ultra conservative w/ A/C (of course now it is showing 12 mpg). On long trip (300 miles) about 19-20. I'm thinking something is amiss here. This BLOWS.

Great Van
By Sgt Rich on 06/19/10 10:40 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought A 2010 SXT w/ 4.0L in May, no long road trips yet but we get about 27 mpg on hwy and 17 mpg in town, not bad. Noticed a few weeks after we bought it a rattling noise coming from the driver sliding door, brought it to a local dealership, they couldn't find anything wrong, on the drive home the rattling stopped, haven't heard it since, strange. Have the Uconnect with two Video Entertainment systems, lifesaver with a two year old on longer drives. Easy to use controls(A/C, Cruise If your in the market for a this minivan, don't bother with the lower end models, its like a different vehicle stepping up to the SXT.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan in NJ is:

$163 per month*