2010 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
Bad brake design
By alflaggs on 04/09/14 10:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The rear brakes on my 2010 Caravan do not release properly and the brakes wear down in less than 25,000 miles. It is in need of a second set of rotors, pads, and calipers on the rear AGAIN. Looking online, I find this a very common problem...I think because of the poor design. On almost all cars, the braking force goes 70% to the front, 30% to the rear. The 2010 Caravan is designed for 50/50 braking and that seems to be too much to the rear brakes. In addition, the rear calipers do not seem to release fully when the brakes are let off. Chrysler really needs to address this problem since it is causing premature brake failure.

2010 Great Little Grand Caravan C/V
By mikeway05 on 07/20/12 13:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan C/V 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this one with 101,000 miles on it .. It drove out nice.. No noise problems at all .. It even had a nice storage bin in the back for my parts .. As a Appliance Repair Service Technician I need something dependable and reasonable to operate .. Easy on Gas .. Changed to a K & N air filter made all the difference in the world .. Now getting an extra 4 miles per gallon with a 3.3 engine .. Others say that the engine is a dog but I actually love it !! This Baby really cruises nice on the interstate .. and gives me more comfort than my other Chevy Astro ...

LEAKING SUNROOF
By jmie2 on 01/07/12 05:23 AM (PST)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

My factory installed sunroof has leaked from the beginning and now AFTER 5 times in the shop for 42 days, Chrysler has taken the position I don't clean the drainage system properly and will not do anything. The new design allows water to leak around sunroof and be directed away by a drainage system. WELL when it allows water it ALSO ALLOWS dirt, pollen and maybe tree sap in which clogs the drains VERY QUICKLY (my last incident was only 52 days and I had 1 1/2" of water in my center console) i have a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica with a sunroof parked in same driveway as van and it has never leaked - WHY does this need so much maintaince - EASY POOR DESIGN but Chrysler will not take responsibility

Meet Babe, the Blue Ox.
By sailorbeavis on 06/23/11 21:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Got this Pearl Water Blue SE with a two-tone interior in March 2010 as a work truck. It replaced a 2006 Caravan. Dodge made some improvements and fell short in others. The van handles better thanks to bigger tires and minor suspension improvements, but the 3.3L engine is a dog coupled to the four-speed transmission. If I had a choice I would've gone for the 3.8L; you are not going anywhere fast in this van. Once up to speed it's reasonably stout and stable, and road noise is minimal. I love the Stow 'n Go and the additional storage places, but the cheap plastic on this car inside and out scratches/marks easily and is not as nice-looking as my old van, nor is it holding up as well.

Family Car
By cricker on 04/10/11 07:33 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I was all set on an SUV and on a whim stopped in a Dodge dealership. The dodge grand caravan offered so much more space for all the things we bring on family trips. We were sold despite the poor reviews. 3 wks later we took the car on our first trip. There was room to spare even with 2 adults and 3 kids. Finally! However, on the trip the cruise control started acting up. When breaking the transmission would downshift and try to accelerate. You had to turn it off on the button and not with the break. Then it wouldn't shift into drive after we stopped for gas. 920 miles on the car 3 wks old and we had to spend two nights in the middle of no where for a minor repair to be completed.

transmission
By henke009 on 03/18/11 16:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

after 9000 km the transmission bearing is gone, my first dodge in my life and definitly last one, too much hasle, because of the brand new car............???

Don't let the bias fool you
By joeinoh on 12/14/10 22:17 PM (PST)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I'm amazed the media, Edmund's included, doesn't rate this vehicle higher in its class. I reviewed minivans extensively when I found out that my wife was pregnant with our third child. After reading a few website reviews I was strongly leaning to Toy/Honda. Claimed reliability issues, build quality and a "warped bumper cover" had me running scared from the Dodge/Chrysler. I tested the Toy & Honda units & was not impressed. Then I rented a T&C for a weekend road trip. I was entirely impressed. I don't know why this product line gets the bad rap it does. Stow & Go alone sold me on the Dodge. I see Dodge units with over 200k miles all the time. Drive one before you buy a Toy or Honda.

Ignore others' slams on this vehicle
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Hero 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We're a growing family, and with another kid on the way decided it was time for us to pick up a minivan. Initially, we set out to buy a Toyota Sienna because of Toyota's reputation. But, we came off feeling a little disappointed with the entry-level Sienna: the interior was very lackluster, you have to upgrade to even get "stain resistant" seats, and the versatility of the interior wasn't what we expected. On a whim, we pulled into the Dodge dealership after a day of test-driving Siennas and a pre-owned Honda Odyssey. We were pleasantly surprised. To us, the entry Caravan's beat the Siennas. Opt for at least the 3.8 V6 though. We bought one and after 2 months are super- pleased w/it.

Number 5 is Alive
By Temecula 4 on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Hero 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Well, we just traded in our 4th Chrysler Van product in a row, a 2005 GC. We got the 2010 Hero with great factory and dealer incentives. And while reliability at over 90,000 miles has never been a Chrysler strong suit, the functionality of the GC is unsurpassed in its class. The unbelievable selling pint to buy one of these NOW, is the available Lifetime unlimited miles bumper to bumper warranty. that I have never felt before. We have had Stow n Go seating on the 05, and are please to see it is still offered in 2010. Driving the new van home it felt solid and sporty. Acceleration and passing power are ample with the 3.8. I have owned the 3.3 and do not recommend it.

I think I found something special here
By Mike C. on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I was looking for a minivan that would easily carry my family and occasionally friends as well as packages. For me, car shopping takes a while, I test-drove all of them before making my decision. This Dodge was perfect for my needs and current incentives also were a big help. I test drove 3 trim levels, each with different engine configuration. Bottom line, if you are looking for value and you don't care about acceleration, take the base 3.3L engine. It's fine for the needs. 4.0L engine simply rocks, if you can spend an extra $2k, get that and never look back, it's that good. Another thing, gas mileage is better with bigger engine. So, you can potentially save money down the road.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan in VA is:

$112 per month*