2009 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Review: Not as bad as Edmunds makes ou

2009 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Review

SXT Passenger Minivan (3.8L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Not as bad as Edmunds makes out to be.
By Keith on

2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I have the 4.0 liter engine, plenty of pep. Using auto-stick makes for spirited accelerations if needed. Edmunds says the rear seats are uncomfortable, they're nothing compared to a Tahoe which we traded for this vehicle. Interior space is also much better organized then the Tahoe. Interior is typical Dodge though, hard angler plastics. Bought this van because wife and I needed a good kid hauler. So far this is fitting the bill much better than our 07 Tahoe did. I'm 6ft, with a 2.5 year old sitting behind me, I can extend seat all the way back with room to spare. Couldn't resist Dodges 0% financing and employing pricing and other rebates. Basically bought a $39k van for $30k.

Entertainment system is incredible. Dual video screens which can play independent of each other. Sirius radio/tv I actually enjoy driving this thing! Rides very smooth, little rough going over bridge/road seams though. Great highway cruiser. Looking forward to our first family trip.

Better fuel economy. Need to change interior materials and styling. Exterior styling is growing on me. Vehicle is still new, to early to comment on reliability.