2009 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Review: My fifth Dodge/Chrysler miniva

2009 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Review

My fifth Dodge/Chrysler minivan
By Autoplay2 on

2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this van before the 'Clunker Program', but got a great deal anyways. Wanted a 4.0, but could not find one in the color wife wanted. The 3.8L does fine, it's what I had in my other 4 minivans (2 97's, 98, 2000). Finally getting used to the no key and in-dash shifter. The van has plenty of power, the 3.8 is more than sufficient with the 6 speed. Thought I'd get a little better gas mileage with the 4.0L, but getting 16 with the 3.8L (1100 miles)in mixed driving, but city has lots of stop and go. We're in Texas, so the A/C has never been off yet, maybe in Dec we'll see the MPG go up some. First time I've had to actually read the manual to find out how a lot of the features work!

Interior lighting, side door windows that go down, power side doors, Sirius radio, 2 glove compartments, separate driver/passenger heating/cooling controls, full length overhead console with lots of storage, cup holders everywhere, styled wheels

Still in break-in period, but was hoping for better gas mileage with a 6 speed trans. Straighter sides means it's a tighter fit in the garage doors for the side mirrors than with my other vans.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review