Nice family van with several issues
By PeteK on
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)
I got a chance to own this vehicle for a period of 12 months which gave me a chance to do a fair evaluation of this product. Let me state first that I do like this vehicle. I purchased one with the weakest engine, so I do sometimes wish I had spent more money and should have gotten at least the 3.8 L one. I had issues with the rotors at 7K which is a well documented issue with this vehicle and now at 11k had a problem with front wheel bearings going bad which is another documented issue. Otherwise, the vehicle is solid with several immaterial shortcomings. I will be looking to trade it in and get the 2011 year model for this brand new 3.6 L Engine and 6AT transmission.
Favorite Features
Back seats fold in the floor, spacious cargo, Aux input on the radio for iPod or any other music playing device. Comfortable seats.
Suggested Improvements
Side vents need more air flow, AC is somewhat weak. Lack of interior lights in the back, was forced to buy some portable miniature lamps to accomplish task. Readout lights are pukey green. This is 2010, hello? Mileage in the city is about 15 mpg.