I wish I could recommend it... but I can't
By mrpyromaniac on
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)
Bought the 3.8L SXT version, only have 33k on it. Having the transmission rebuilt right now. My wife drives this van around our small town, and we take weekend trips. It's well taken care of. We've had to have ALL the brakes replaced three times now, the tires are pretty much shot because of the brake problems, and there is a bad motor mount, and now the transmission. The engine is great, and the features and interior are phenomenal, but with the brake problems and now the transmission, clearly the build quality leaves much to be desired. That's why a Toyota is 20k more...
Favorite Features
Interior is very roomy, the stow and go seating is amazing, the seat fabric is easy to wash and remove stains from, the 3.8L engine gives great power, the van handles well (when the brakes are not catching... which is most of the time), the sound system is good, the seats are comfortable, the automatic doors and rear hatch are convenient.
Suggested Improvements
After 33k miles of easy driving, the front brake pads should need to be replaced, That's about all. We've had to have all the calipers, rotors, and pads replaced three times, which is bad enough that there should be a recall and new brakes manufactured and fitted to replace the current non-funtional design. I bought the van so I wouldn't have to worry about having vehicles fixed all the time, that plan did not work out well. Chrysler extended the warranty on the front wheel bearings, clearly because those are defective. The transmission blew up already, and a motor mount is bad.. the build quality... not so good. Also, my 93 volvo I drove had auto headlights, this van doesn't.