2009 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Review: I'm a Bit Disappointed

2009 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Review

I'm a Bit Disappointed
By Dave on

2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this vehicle because my wife saw one on the highway and liked the looks of it. I would have preferred the styling of the Chrysler Town and Country, but this was better bargain because it came with so many extra features, including one I didn't especially want--the 3.8 engine. I noticed a few days ago that the rear seat back have rust stains on them. We have had absolutely nothing in the rear well that could have done that. Under each stain, I can feel some sort of metal bar, which I believe may be the source of these ugly discolorations. I will check this out with my dealership the next time I go in for service.

The Stow and Go feature is amazing, although it is a bit of a hassle to stow the middle seats because the front seats have to be slid all the way forward to do it. Interior lighting is nice. I really like the dashboard design. The jury is still out on the dashboard-mounted shifter.

In my opinion, the gas mileage is poor. While it is rated at 16 city and 23 highway, our mixed driving has never resulted in anything better than 16.5 mpg. We have yet to take an open highway trip, which, hopefully, will be a bit better.