Used 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Best of mini vans as good as Chevy subs
By quapaw

2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Replacing a 92 Caravan. Only a few hundred miles and cannot truly say about reliability. My two previous Dodge minivans were excellent. This one is as close to the Chevy Surburbans that I owned in the70s and 80s with much better mpg. Stow and go is very handy. Wife says the seats are a bit hard bit I disagree. The interior lighting is not what I would want, too dim. Handling is excellent. Fit and finish is excellent. My dealership is one of the best. I bought it off the lot and if I had speced it out I would have left off some of the features and maybe added a few. Price was better than the imports and quality better too. Not sure I like the keyless switch but time will tell.

Stow & go seats

Better interior lighting. Operator's manual is too wordy.

For the $ nothing better
By Justin

2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I would go out and get one right now. Dealerships are clearing out inventory and looking to get out of these vehicles. I bought a sticker price 32,895 for 21,500. It has almost all of the gadgets and has been a joy to drive. I have owned vans from 2 other car companies and I am trying to figure out why I waited to look at Dodge as a viable option. If you are in the market for a van go check them out, you won't be sorry

Stow and Go, MyGiG, Dual DVD, Rear Backup camera, Sirius, and a very smooth drive.

I would like better gas mileage since I only ever drive city, lots of stop and go in my commute. But I can handle what I am getting since I wasn't getting much better with the other 2 vans.

Love it
By Sweet

2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my far share of Chrysler disasters and by far this is the best van i've ever owned! I just traded in a 1998 grand caravan sport with 325 000 miles on it when it officaly blew! I've also had a 93 with 220 000 miles on it and the transmission blew. I bough a base van and i'm worried about the transimission like the last ones.

Everything of this base $20 000 van

Nothing.Try to fix transy problems on older models

Dodge is better than what editors say
By 4.0 six speed 25th

2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I'm so impressed with my new van. The transmission is the smoothest - 6 speed is highly recommended with the 4.0. Stow and go is second to none - love it. Quality is good for a vehicle of this price range. Overall drive is quite, controlled, and especially great on the highway. Dealers service was great. I think the engineers in Detroit beat Japan on this one. Don't listen to the critics in California, drive one and compare and support your fellow Americans along the way with buying this superior product for the price.

Interior quality, mygig, stow and go, 4.0 with 6 speed, overall function, light firm drive feel. Great price

Nothing yet. Quality at Chrysler is expected to improve even more in the future. Will definately buy another one

Wonderful Ride
By Oldtimer

2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Never thought I would own a Chrysler product bui I bought a 97 ES which I loved. I though that with the deals available today why not look for a new one. I bought a 09 SXT, only had it a week, but I didn't think I could top my 97, but this is really nice. My wife says it is like traveling in a plane, really smooth ride. The 3.8 engine has plenty of power. Seats aren't as nice as my 97 though, kinda hard. The stow and go seating is nice, My old seats were getting to heavy to remove. The whole van is larger. I did have some minor adjustments to my garage, just barely fits in my small extra garage. Just had my first long trip and was a dream, especially compared to my last long drive in my 97.

The power window in the side doors. Stow and go seating. Chrysler design great vehicles, just hard to believe they are in the mess they are in.

Hard seating, and lousy alarm system.

• SUV