2009 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Reviews 4

2009 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
4.0 WITH 6 SPEED
By ETP on 03/09/09 03:59 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

My minivan looks great inside and out, and has a rock solid build. The van seems to be rock solid on the road also. Dodge has been doing this for 26 years folks and they got it right again. As a former mechanic I check a vehicle out before I buy and this was far superior to the 3.3 and 3.8 vehicles on the lot. 12 months from now I can update this for you folks with long haul driving. I was reluctant to buy during this crisis but strongly feel we should support our manuafacturing base and most likely the worst that will happen is a reorganization of the industry.

Great to drive
By Daren on 03/03/09 18:13 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This van has a 3.3L/E85. Wish it had the bigger motor, but it does not come with the E85. This van as a lot of toys on it. DVD, MyGiG, Sirius radio. Took our first trip with it. Kids loved the dvd plater, mom and dad had the sirius radio on. This has back up camera on it. It also has the ESP on it. Great in the snow. It comes with a speed stick. Could not resist Dodges 0% financing and employing pricing and other rebates. Bought a $29k for $16k. Last van was a merc with a 4.3L, had more power.

Great Deals To Be found On this Vehicle!
By dlake on 03/02/09 08:16 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I cannot believe I got over 10K off on an SXT- loaded! I paid 19,095 for an MSRP of 29145. 5K below Edmunds Rx TMV! Saved enough to purchase an extended warranty to 5/100K. Also-48 months @ 0%. Edmunds is giving this vehicle a bad rap especially given the unbelievable deals out there.

Not sure why the reviews are poor
By Bradley on 02/28/09 21:08 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is a beautiful vehicle inside and out. I don't see the "seams not lining up" or other problems listed in the other reviews. Seats are a little hard in back but we test drove Kia, Honda, Toyota and they were similar. Handling is responsive and the vehicle has a very nice feel -- solid but nimble. Nice tight turning radius. Ours has the rearview camera which is indispensible and should be on every car. Very quiet on the highway. The DVD with wireless headsets are awesome. This vehicle has a lot of space and great fuel economy for a larger van.

Poor quality build, lackluster drive
By cmac on 02/18/09 20:48 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is a kind of no frills Grand Caravan that retails for around 25k. The drivers window sticks, you have to slam almost every door for them to shut properly. You can actually see how things don't line up around the door seams. It handles very stiffly. It has a nice design inside and out but the plastic inside makes it cheap looking. This is a company car and it will be put through its paces. The tranny won't hold on a hill, it rolls backward. The driver seat is very uncomfortable. I got caught in the snow and it slid around like a big sled. I was actually very concerned i would wind up in a ditch. I won't take it out in the snow again. Seems a bit underpowered.

Awesome vehicle
By Dave on 02/04/09 13:49 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This minivan not only looks great inside and out, the solid feel when driving it is very assuring when hauling the family. The van seems to be rock solid. Dodge is the king when it comes to minivans. I have driven the competition, and the versatility and quality of this vehicle far surpasses the others. I don't understand why the editors rating is as low as it is for this van. I highly recommend this vehicle.

Not as bad as Edmunds makes out to be.
By Keith on 02/01/09 08:39 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I have the 4.0 liter engine, plenty of pep. Using auto-stick makes for spirited accelerations if needed. Edmunds says the rear seats are uncomfortable, they're nothing compared to a Tahoe which we traded for this vehicle. Interior space is also much better organized then the Tahoe. Interior is typical Dodge though, hard angler plastics. Bought this van because wife and I needed a good kid hauler. So far this is fitting the bill much better than our 07 Tahoe did. I'm 6ft, with a 2.5 year old sitting behind me, I can extend seat all the way back with room to spare. Couldn't resist Dodges 0% financing and employing pricing and other rebates. Basically bought a $39k van for $30k.

2009 Grand Caravan, Wow!
By jon on 01/14/09 11:01 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Love to drive this vehicle. This is the most usefull vehicle I have ever owned. My wife and I replaced our truck with this van and now we have the best of both worlds. The 4.0 V6 has plenty of power and the 6 speed automatic is smooth as silk. We have grown to appreciate a quit ride as we've gotten older and this van delivers.