Use Common Sense!
By Drozs875 on
2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)
Bought it from dealer new with 839 miles on it. I researched minivans to no end before I bought this one, and one thing that bothers me about it is the people that whine about issues that are either routine maintenance or abuse! The brake problems are caused by heavy footed stooges riding the brakes and the sliding door problems are from lack of lubrication! Use some common sense and maintain your vehicle! The only issue I've had is the A/C blows warm in the South Carolina heat until you get moving. I've checked the system myself and guess what...that's normal for a vehicle with a cabin this big! Overall I like the vehicle, the kid loves the DVDs and the wife won't let me drive it!
Favorite Features
Sturdy feeling vehicle, loaded with conveniences, Absolutely love the MyGig System, and the interior lighting is terrific! I'd like to say it was worth the money, but this sucker tailspun by about 9 grand the second I signed the papers for it, and I got it for a good price new..according to Edmunds
Suggested Improvements
The "bumpers" are sad little pieces of plastic that deform even under the softest washing sponge touch, a little underpowered, and the stock brakes are very dirty, but they work FINE when you use them right. Oh, and don't buy the light colored interior if you have a 3 year old.
By drozs
on 03/13/11 11:45 AM (PDT)

UPDATE!!! We've owned this van for 2 and a half years now, and I must say, for the price, it was NOT worth buying. I take back all the nice things I said about this lump. It is an overpriced, poorly built, heavy, underpowered, piece of junk. We recently moved to PA from SC and after hardly 1 winter, the undercarriage is showing significant signs of rust. The cheap brakes are about 70% gone at 27000 miles, with only light usage. Thank goodness it hasn't left us stranded, YET. It has ABSOLUTELY NO value as a trade in, even with meticulous maintenance and care. When I pay this thing off, I'm going to use it until it is no longer economically viable, then I'm going to dump it off at a Honda dealership in lieu of an import. I gave the new domestics a chance...and they let me down.