2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Review: Undecided

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Review

By B on

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased March 25, 2008. Loved the new style and features. Kids fell in love with the VES system, me in the sunroof/Sirius radio and wife in the heated seats. But now (in June '08) we have a whistling problem that the dealership can't seem to figure out. Over 65 mph and the van sings a tune. Van been in shop twice and we are still waiting for problem to be fixed. If we can get rid of this problem, I am sure I will LOVE my new van. Hate the position of the video screens, wish they were off center somehow. Backup camera is nice, but please still turn and look, camera is deceiving. Overall very happy with van, just need to get the whistling to stop.

I love the stow compartments in front of the middle row seats - they hold a lot. Also love Sirius radio and backseat tv (really keeps the kids (8- 14-15) quite during those short and long trips). Seats are very comfortable. Sliding door windows that come down.

Placement of video screens needs to be reviewed, when in use you can't see out the back. Too much cheap plastic inside. Light color fabric is terrible, should have went with darker. Too much "power" everything. What happen to opening a door with your hand?