Stay Away from this Model!
By blackstone114 on
2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)
I just spent $988 to replace all four brakes on a Grand Caravan with just under 18,000 miles. The rear brake shoe was frozen and the front brake pads were 97% worn. This after the dealer told me last week to watch the front brakes, never mentioning the rear. This Canadian assembled from Chinese made parts piece of junk is by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned. Their dealers are even worse. Don't be fooled by the American nameplate. Move on to another brand.
Favorite Features
Stow and Go is nice
Suggested Improvements
The brake issue is a known problem. Just do a search for 2008 Caravan brake issues. There are so many quality issues, a recall would shut down an already bankrupt corporation.
By jeninutah
on 04/02/11 12:33 PM (PDT)

I also have a Dodge grand caravan. What a piece of junk. I had the brakes replaced in 2009, and they need to be replaced again. since I just had to replace the transmission, and need to do the power steering, I am just too short on money to get it done! DON'T BUY A DODGE GRAND CARAVAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By mama2dutchies
on 04/18/11 11:54 AM (PDT)

I've already had to do the brakes TWICE (12k and 18k miles) I am at 22k and having the brakes looked at again!!!!!

By kedgman
on 01/27/14 14:05 PM (PST)

just put my 3rd set of brake pads on this POS, vehicle has less than 80k on it. Also, the effing clock spring went out and caused the 'traction control' to act up, costing me an additional $600. not to mention exhaust issues and NUMEROUS recalls. Chrysler knows they have a problem with this vehicle, they just refuse to do anything about it. This will be the absolute LAST piece of chrysler CRAP in my driveway ever

By saddodgeowner
on 04/25/11 05:23 AM (PDT)

Second time in less than a year I brought my 08 Dodge Caravan in for brake work - Only 16,428 miles - Service advisor said this happens frequently on this model...Guess I'll see then another year at 24,000