Please Avoid This Vehicle
By pghlawyer on
2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)
I am adding this review to put people on notice. Please shop elsewhere. This vehicle looks good outside, has a decent interior and was exactly what my wife wanted for the family. Chrysler invented the minivan, right? They really screwed together a nice looking piece of poorly engineered crap. Tons of recalls. I have changed the brakes more times in two years than Visa will allow me to speak aloud. The dealer is finally coming around trying to "assist" me with "my" problems. Thanks for the help! This is a horrible mistake by this company and should be on the nightly news. Chrysler won't admit to this failure until someone, or their children, die in an accident.
Favorite Features
This van looks good on the outside and adequate on the inside. Stow and go is great. Kids like the van for room and it has tons of storage for people like us who like to road trip. BUT, its a lemon and we will be pursuing that option shortly. I am not going to "eat" Dodge's engineering failures.
Suggested Improvements
Only road trip after you take the brakes to be serviced. Then you may find, as I did, that the rear brakes are smoking on the way home, less than 1000 miles later. My wife said we should have bought one of those luxocruiser SUVs if we were going to have to pay 600 a month to keep it on the road.