Not bad for the price
By bigd_74 on
2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)
Bought this 2008 used with 18k at the beginnning of 2009. Got a good deal on it & it is perfect for our family with 3 little kids. The stow & go is a great feature. I've had the dealership do all of the oil changes every 4k or 4 mos so I have solid records on file. They did the 36k check up as well. I had to replace rear rotors & pads at 32k as well as have the front rotors turned & new pads - did all this work myself and saved about $400. I was shocked that it needed brakes so soon. Did the brake fluid flush & power-steering flush myself - saved a few $$$. I had the dealer flush the transmission fluid. Lots of recalls & it seems to need more maintenance than my Japanese cars.
Favorite Features
We love the front wheel drive, storage, cup-holders & comfort of the van. The engine performs well in getting us up to freeway speeds to merge. Love the auto doors & the passenger windows that actually roll down.
Suggested Improvements
Put on some beefier rotors and pads for the brakes - they wear out way too soon. I understand that Chrysler wants to make the van lighter but don't skimp on brakes to save a few pounds. Why oh why did you change the wheel size and lug patterns (including offsets) after 10+ years of the same size? Perhaps it was part of some sinister plot to manufacture steel wheels & sell them at inflated prices from the dealer to those poor saps who need studded tires for winter conditions - thanks!