Love it except for MPG
By 2late on
2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)
It's an 08, but had been sitting on lot for a year (500 miles). Why? I guess 'cause it's LOADED with everything EXCEPT leather. And "sunburst orange pearlcoat," which is to say "rust" colored. Anyway, they took $10K off the sticker. It's a 4.0 L. Funny how the '08 4L's don't have the 25 MPG rating that the '09 4L's do. How did Chrysler squeeze 2 more MPG out of the same engine in '09? Dealer doesn't even know what I'm talking about, or pretends not to. But love the acceleration. Alas, I'm getting 15 MPG in town. And in the 6 wks I've owned it, this has happened 4 times: engine starts but no lights or A/C. Jiggle the key, and it all comes back on, but A/C blows HOT AIR for 5 min!
Favorite Features
STOW 'N GO! These seats trump everything. The ONLY reason I went Dodge. Remote start Power doors & liftgate Super-duper radio/Sirius/Nav/UConnect/ 500-watt subwoofer Between-seat console very convenient (hope the plastic holds up!)
Suggested Improvements
Latching fuel door! Manual shifting completely superfluous with a 6-speed transmission. Axe it. Reconfigure the wiper setup? I keep turning the mist on when I use the turn signal. A/C controls non-ergonomic and probably dangerous. I'm taking my eyes off the road too much. Better MPG.