I will stick to Dodge vans
By shaughn on
2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)
I have had an 07 caravan with over 300K kms on it with never an issue, so I got a new 08 Grand Caravan because the body on old one was going. And I must say I read all the negative comments about this van and wonder why mine has been so flawless. Yes the brake pads and rotors had to be replaced at 60k, but I was told this normal on this model for some reason. I solved it by not replacing with factory pads and rotors. Upgrade to the heavy duty rotors. The metal is harder and dissipates heat better resulting in my rotors now having over 70k on them and no issues. There were 3 recalls for AC and spindles. No more issues since. 750km to a tank for mileage on highway/500km in town. Not bad i say.
Favorite Features
Sto n Go is awesome along with pivot seats in rear. It really helps when driving my grandfather around. My gas mileage is awesome for a van. Best ever. I drive from Edmonton Alberta to Comox BC on 1.5 tanks. Better than my old Caravan. I love the quietness of this van on the highway. Mant times I need to look at the TAC when sittings at traffic lights to see is the engine is running. The automatic/manual shifter is awesome idea. Makes a huge difference when going up those hills that make your tranny shift up and down alot. I downshift with a quick slap of the shifter and keep it there till the top is reached.
Suggested Improvements
Power for this engine is less than my 97 Grand Caravan, which is a surprise because they have the same engine. I would suggest more powerful engine for highway. It is hard to pass when weighed down and it shifts alot on uphill grades. I'm putting a supercharger on mine (yes there's room) because I drive on the highway 90% of the time and could use the power. Plus...... its cool. Trips to soccer field will never be the same.