2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Review: Doors opened while driving!

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Review

Doors opened while driving!
By madincali on

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this van brand new, traded in my Dodge Durango (which I loved!) Never wanted a van. Van has been great, has been driven cross country a few times. Yes I had to have the brakes replaced but I haven't experienced the other issues. Now the doors are a NIGHTMARE! They started with the reopening when being shut. It has moved on pretty quickly to the electrical issues, when in park the dash, windshield wipers, blinkers, dash/dome lights.. ALL STARTED BLINKING. Dealership can't fix it, called it a minor annoyance. While driving with my 11mo old daughter the van started to sputter, all the components started to blink and the doors opened and shut. Going to dealership tmrw, getting rid of asap!

fits everyone in my family comfortably, has trunk space with third row seat up.

The convenience of automatic doors is what draws customers in, and now its a safety issue.. needs to be addressed dealership wide and be fixed or they need to stop being offered as a feature!! Very unsafe!