2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Review: An Excellent Decision

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Review

SXT Passenger Minivan (3.8L V6 6-speed Automatic)

An Excellent Decision
By Jerry Cahill on

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Second Dodge vehicle I've purchased. I love the new Dodge Grand Caravan! The entertainment system is unsurpassed, with the MyGig System and the rear dual overhead DVD screens. The exterior styling is more masculine than the competition. 2nd and 3rd rows both still fold underneath, a great feature. Limited lifetime warranty on the powertrain for the original owner is priceless. Was about $3,000 to $4,000 less expensive than the Odyssey and Sienna for a comparably equipped vehicle, but those two can't touch the entertainment system. My wife and I fight over who gets to drive it. Thus far, we love the Caravan!

The MyGig Entertainment System which allows you to download up to 2,100 songs and acts like a jukebox is awesome! You can even download pictures for screensavers. The family group center console, along with the other storage areas, offers a vast array of places to store your "stuff."

The driver's seat is somewhat stiff and takes a little getting used to. Not sure how it will be on a long trip. The combined gas mileage is about what was advertised: 20 mpg. I would like better gas mileage, but I knew what it was before I purchased it.