2008 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
OK if you can get it out of Park!
By Peter B. Sparrow on 08/30/09 22:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Bought car for carting 2 kids and wife to do home health care. Did OK in snow but all wheel drive would do better.Has left my wife stranded 3 times in 8 months. Car stuck in Park and the 3rd time the tow truck could not make the manual over ride work, so had to get dolly wheels to get it to the dealer. Front passenger seat needs to have same adjustments as drivers seat. Can not go up and down. Back seats to low. Hard for older people to get in and out. Front under carriage is always hitting parking cement markers.

Love it except for MPG
By 2late on 08/21/09 13:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

It's an 08, but had been sitting on lot for a year (500 miles). Why? I guess 'cause it's LOADED with everything EXCEPT leather. And "sunburst orange pearlcoat," which is to say "rust" colored. Anyway, they took $10K off the sticker. It's a 4.0 L. Funny how the '08 4L's don't have the 25 MPG rating that the '09 4L's do. How did Chrysler squeeze 2 more MPG out of the same engine in '09? Dealer doesn't even know what I'm talking about, or pretends not to. But love the acceleration. Alas, I'm getting 15 MPG in town. And in the 6 wks I've owned it, this has happened 4 times: engine starts but no lights or A/C. Jiggle the key, and it all comes back on, but A/C blows HOT AIR for 5 min!

Looks nice but not built well
By john Mcconnell on 08/20/09 18:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We have had our 2008 dodge grand caravan for 6 months now. I will have to say we are disappointed with the interior quality of the van. It rides nice and looks great for the design, but Chrysler just did not focus on the details. I will have to say for a van that now has 350000 miles on it, it sure has a lot of interior rattles with the cheap plastic hardware everywhere on the dash and center overhead console. Secondly,when going over rougher roads the rear suspension chatters a lot.

Brakes, Brakes and more Bad Brakes
By audrey on 08/18/09 15:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased vehicle with 18,132 km. in Feb 2008,;October 2008 @ 33,942 km (15,810 km driven) replaced front brake pads and rotors. Drove additional 8,842 km - in May 2009 replaced the rear brake pads and rotors; at same time they again replaced the Front brake pads only 8,842 km use (they did this part for free! Today is August 18th - it has been 3months since both front and back have been replaced - 5 weeks of that it was parked and only 4,920 km later the van is going back into the dealership tomorrow because the brakes are causing severe shuttering. Already have put out $964.00 and a free set for the front --Dodge Service- -What will this cost me- I feel totally ripped off - known problem

Must be one of the few
By MIchiganMiniVan on 08/09/09 13:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Wife's van w/ 3 kids. Power side and rear doors are great when they shut. Drivers side door will not shut all the time. Been into the dealership for this and for a broken latch on the lid for front stow n go seat. Original brakes (17,000+ miles), original tires. Have hauled 1000# of lumber, inside, and about 1000# of landscape edging bricks. No damage to inside seats when down. Handles great in the Michigan winters (above average last year). Van is driven mainly city driving, but weekend trips are over 50 miles, one way. Just got back from a 240 mile round tripper yesterday. Averaged 23-24 mpg on turnpike. Very pleased. Seats, at head rests, seem to be coming apart, though.

UGH--should have bough a buick or toyota
By Renae on 07/19/09 19:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

My family has had Grand Caravans since 1998. Loved them up until the 2008 Grand Caravan. It is a nice car to drive and comfortable but too many problems. Here are the problems: antifreeze leak when purchased new-- took 2 repairs, roof rack bars in wrong position and on backwards, have had 1 shock replaced, 1 strut replaced, front brakes and rotors at 29,000 mi, back electrical "cage" in ceiling loose, rear bumper pad replaced, still squeaks when going over bumps, wind whistling noise, doors don't always open when pushing automatic key fob. Plan to trade for an SUV as soon as I can. Cannot believe this is a $31,000 car.

Transmission problems
By mcltk on 07/16/09 13:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan for 18mo. I've been without my van for over ten weeks because of multiple problems. In fact it has been in the shop for over seven weeks because they cannot find parts to repair the transmission that has gone out for the second time. Great quality Dodge! Do yourself a favor and never look at a dodge or chrysler product ever. Oh yea, its not their fault that they cannot get the parts to repair my van. It's the suppliers fault. They probably won't make them for dodge anymore because they were just screwed by them with the recent bankrupcy.

my third minivan
By jackg on 07/10/09 11:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I've been around the block with minivans over 15 years and wagons before that. This is the best one I have owned, and I really liked the previous G Caravan and the T & C before this. Decent driving, good comfort, good power (3.8 engine), and no problems at 29000 miles. Best mpg I've had (25 hiway, 19-20 town), and I love the Stow and Go. I don't know what the "professional reviewers are looking for in a mini, but this has everything I look for. And it has more usable space than any other. That's what led me to the Chrysler T&C in '94.

Love it--source of wind noise known
By apstockley on 06/26/09 12:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I love ours! Two kids= dual DVDs, game plugs, Sirius radio/Backseat TV a lifesaver for our long, long road trips. Bucket swivels in 2nd row. Plenty of room for four adults, 2 kids on trips! Lots of storage! Back camera perfect for city/parallel parking! Toyota/Honda users always want to check out our Dodge (we paid so much less for so much more!). Wind noise/rattles = reseal the front window! Done! No noise ever again! (Warranty covers it.) LOVE our DGC!!

Awful
By tswezey on 06/21/09 18:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We just bought this brand new, yes 2008 we purchased in June 2009 with 50 miles on it. We drove 500 miles on vacation and the engine (power train) blew while on expressway going 65 miles/hr. We've owned the van for 2 weeks to the day. Of course, the dealership was closed in the town we were in...bottom line we had to rent a van for $120/day for our family of 6. We will be reimbused a whole $375 for "trip interruption insurance". However, we are now home withOUT our "new" broken van. It's 500 miles away waiting for a "part" that isn't due for 5 more days. Once the van it fixed we have to find a way to our vehicle and pick it up. We will NEVER buy another Dodge, ever!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.