Used 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Great Value
By Anonymous

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this van to accommodate our growing family. It was far less expensive as a used vehicle than Japanese competitors. The bad: the interior plastics are cheap, the 3.3L engine is only adequate, and fuel economy is so-so. The good: we bought it with less than 20,000 miles for about $10,000 off what it would cost new. It has been very reliable, with one air conditioning problem fixed under warranty. Best of all are the stow n go seats, which are incredibly easy to operate even with one hand. It carries an enormous amount of stuff, and is pretty comfortable to drive. I don't mind the cheap interior so much, since kids only make a mess of it anyhow.

Stow N Go seats are fantastic

A better quality interior would improve first impressions.

nice vehicle
By confused

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I can't believe that so many people seem to have problems with this vehicle. My wife typically drives it but the family uses it quite a bit too. Absolutely no problems with the quality, ride, comfort, reliability. Not as refined as the Honda; not as expensive either. TPMS is junk though.

3.3 liter motor....will go forever

get rid of TPMS

Back to the drawing board...
By Aaron

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I purchased our 2008 Grand Caravan just a few years ago. The new body style and stow and go were what drew us to it right away. However, now 4 recalls later and an electrical problem no one can seem to diagnose, I am stuck paying $400/month for a car that has now had 2 sets of brakes and a set of rotors. Overall, I am very displeased with this vehicle. Chrysler, you just set Detroit back 20 years. It's back to the drawing board for you. A new body style doesn't make it a better vehicle. Sell something that is reliable and error free. Drop UAW and make it more affordable..

Stow and go seating. Room for 7. Versatility for cargo and passengers.

New Transmission. This one slips up often. Better brake parts. New Electrical / Computer system. Better materials. The body parts on this vehicle are paper thin. You can dent it with a cotton ball. Make sure it works before it leaves the factory. Quality vs. quanity...

Recall after recall
By kdan

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We have had recall after recall on the 08. Eats brakes and is very clunky inside. MPG is bad and we are luck to get 20 on HY and 17 in town. I wish I had spent more money on a Honda. I also own a Dodge Stratus and will trade that in for anything but a Dodge. Not a quality company.

Front seat remain comfortable during long trips. Plenty of room with the stow and go.

Brakes and every recall item to date. Spend way too much time sitting in the service waiting room with another recall.

Please Avoid This Vehicle
By pghlawyer

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I am adding this review to put people on notice. Please shop elsewhere. This vehicle looks good outside, has a decent interior and was exactly what my wife wanted for the family. Chrysler invented the minivan, right? They really screwed together a nice looking piece of poorly engineered crap. Tons of recalls. I have changed the brakes more times in two years than Visa will allow me to speak aloud. The dealer is finally coming around trying to "assist" me with "my" problems. Thanks for the help! This is a horrible mistake by this company and should be on the nightly news. Chrysler won't admit to this failure until someone, or their children, die in an accident.

This van looks good on the outside and adequate on the inside. Stow and go is great. Kids like the van for room and it has tons of storage for people like us who like to road trip. BUT, its a lemon and we will be pursuing that option shortly. I am not going to "eat" Dodge's engineering failures.

Only road trip after you take the brakes to be serviced. Then you may find, as I did, that the rear brakes are smoking on the way home, less than 1000 miles later. My wife said we should have bought one of those luxocruiser SUVs if we were going to have to pay 600 a month to keep it on the road.