2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Reviews 6

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
2008 gc sxt
By dalet` on 03/22/10 11:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Had the van about 2 years now and have put 34,000 km on it mostly highway as we use our Jeep still for city when we aren't going out together with all the kids, have had the power steering hose blow completely off within the first month. It's currently at the dealership because the transmission is slipping and the ignition module is gone too and cars tarter also needed removing. We don't drive it much but we love the van just too bad there are so many problems so early in the vans life. Also we have been told by the dealership that the brakes need replacing which seems pretty early for only 34,000 km. Also another to watch for is the plastic trim on the floor we had a piece snap in half

Crappy brakes
By dwbrum11 on 03/17/10 20:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This will be my last Chrysler product. I have had a problem with the front brakes wearing prematurely and the local dealer refusing to replace them under warranty even though there is a TSB issued from Chrysler saying that this should be covered by warranty. They wanted me to pay over $450 just to do the front brakes saying that no other shops would be able to get parts for it. National Tire and Brake installed lifetime rotors and pads for $300 dollars. I don't know if this was just my local dealer but I have been reading a lot of complaints about the brakes from other people and little help from the dealers.

Doors opened while driving!
By madincali on 03/11/10 12:23 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this van brand new, traded in my Dodge Durango (which I loved!) Never wanted a van. Van has been great, has been driven cross country a few times. Yes I had to have the brakes replaced but I haven't experienced the other issues. Now the doors are a NIGHTMARE! They started with the reopening when being shut. It has moved on pretty quickly to the electrical issues, when in park the dash, windshield wipers, blinkers, dash/dome lights.. ALL STARTED BLINKING. Dealership can't fix it, called it a minor annoyance. While driving with my 11mo old daughter the van started to sputter, all the components started to blink and the doors opened and shut. Going to dealership tmrw, getting rid of asap!

Junky as Junk can be
By cajunman on 02/01/10 13:46 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this van and had 14,000 miles. 3,000 miles later changed front brake pads and resurfaced rotors. Next at 35,000 miles changed front brakes and was told cannot resurface rotors anymore so if shaking appears need new rotors. Told by repairman all "08 having brake trouble. Terrible windshield whistling noise that no one seems to be able to find. Complained to dealer and was told too many people just venting so the brake issue is not a problem. Sliding doors needed fixing three times. Interior storage rattles too much and keeps opening. Bottom line is Dodge needs to fix everyone's brakes. Making money off people no actually ripping people off is what it is.

unacceptable
By Lee on 01/03/10 08:02 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This van has been a problem since birth, the plastic on the second row seats fell off, poor design. The tpms for the tires has needed to be replaced. The fuel milage is not what was promised but close. the vent system is not working properly aswell as there is incrediable heat in the drivers compartment all summer, need to turn on ac just to keep heat out. Headlights needed to be replaced high beam was useless

Can you say...JUNK!!!!
By Mechanic1 on 12/25/09 08:46 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this heap because I have 3 kids. Had it back to the dealership more times than I care to count. Air- conditioning broke, key fobs, brakes, shifter, sliding doors broke for the umpteenth time. Radio broke, you name it it broke. I work for Chrysler and will never buy one again!!! I will but a Toyota and feel a lot safer. With junk like this, we will be bancrupt before long. Please do some research before buying this heap!

Don't Buy One !
By Islandhopper1 on 10/18/09 18:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this vehicle with 18K mi. on it. It was great for about 2 days. That's when the front brakes went out (Pad's worn out- completely gone). I found out the rear brake pads had been replaced right before I bought it and rear rotors seriously grooved. Then the passenger sliding door broke... Van drove pretty well then except for a clunking gear shift sometimes between 2cd and 3rd around 20 mph. No real other problems until one night at 30K mi. when it just didn't start. I tried both keys- nothing. Had it towed to dealer- no codes, no answers....no confidence. Traded in for new Chevy Tahoe. Happy to have it gone.

power loss on electrical components
By IS on 10/10/09 10:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

scary moment when 3 weeks ago the back up camera, A/C & heating vents, radio, speedometer & other dash reading disappear & nothing worked, along with power windows, power door locks. 43000km on this baby & under warranty, took to the dealer shop, they refused to look into because I wasn't having an issue now, but they did do the upgrades on computer for free (which they apparently charge for),also have chronic problems of locking the van, I have to push down on the button 3 or 4 times & had it check out but they never find anything wrong. it's been great, no problems otherwise, love all the features, rear seats uncomfortable. Great for camping, can easily sleep 2 adults comfortably.

Brakes
By rick on 10/07/09 12:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I had a Dodge Grand Caravan that I purchased there less than a year before with brake noise. My wife complained on previous occasions but was told nothing was wrong. When they finally looked at it vehicle was out of warranty period and they said the repair would not be covered. It cost us $471.98 to replace front and back pads and resurface rotors. Was not informed that a TSB #05-006-08 had been issued. Part number recommended in TSB does not match part number on my invoice. Now they need replaced again a year later because they were making a squealing noise and overheating. When I took it in to a local mechanic, he said my left rear caliper is leaking and needs to be replaced. No calipers

Use Common Sense!
By Drozs875 on 10/05/09 15:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Bought it from dealer new with 839 miles on it. I researched minivans to no end before I bought this one, and one thing that bothers me about it is the people that whine about issues that are either routine maintenance or abuse! The brake problems are caused by heavy footed stooges riding the brakes and the sliding door problems are from lack of lubrication! Use some common sense and maintain your vehicle! The only issue I've had is the A/C blows warm in the South Carolina heat until you get moving. I've checked the system myself and guess what...that's normal for a vehicle with a cabin this big! Overall I like the vehicle, the kid loves the DVDs and the wife won't let me drive it!