Used 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews - 145 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Poor Investment
By hategovmotos

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan C/V Fleet 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought 2008 Caravan so we wouldn’t have a reliable vehicle. Since then, we’ve had to replace brake pads at about 55,000 miles. It needs new rear rotors and the sliding doors have bad rattles. Today we were told by the our local Dodge dealership that it might need work done on the drive train or possibly a transmission rebuild ($2,600). Going to cost us $250 just to get into the transmission to find the problem. I use to be a Dodge fan, but not any more. Only good thing that company has going is the Cummins engine in the pick-ups--the engine that Dodge (GM) doesn’t manufacture.

Plan to get it fixed; get it sold; then buy anything, but a Dodge! Would not recommend this POS to anyone!

The woest purchase ever
By salyalma

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Not even 50K Miles on it and already expend $1500 in cooling and heating repairs, first AC pipes blow, then radiator and radiator cap ($400) ,the intake manifols gasket $350 and now the water pum ($350) I wont recommend this vehicle to nobody, the interior plastic panels and seat handles broke, bumper clamps loose this vehiclke really sucks

I will stick to Dodge vans
By shaughn

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have had an 07 caravan with over 300K kms on it with never an issue, so I got a new 08 Grand Caravan because the body on old one was going. And I must say I read all the negative comments about this van and wonder why mine has been so flawless. Yes the brake pads and rotors had to be replaced at 60k, but I was told this normal on this model for some reason. I solved it by not replacing with factory pads and rotors. Upgrade to the heavy duty rotors. The metal is harder and dissipates heat better resulting in my rotors now having over 70k on them and no issues. There were 3 recalls for AC and spindles. No more issues since. 750km to a tank for mileage on highway/500km in town. Not bad i say.

Sto n Go is awesome along with pivot seats in rear. It really helps when driving my grandfather around. My gas mileage is awesome for a van. Best ever. I drive from Edmonton Alberta to Comox BC on 1.5 tanks. Better than my old Caravan. I love the quietness of this van on the highway. Mant times I need to look at the TAC when sittings at traffic lights to see is the engine is running. The automatic/manual shifter is awesome idea. Makes a huge difference when going up those hills that make your tranny shift up and down alot. I downshift with a quick slap of the shifter and keep it there till the top is reached.

Power for this engine is less than my 97 Grand Caravan, which is a surprise because they have the same engine. I would suggest more powerful engine for highway. It is hard to pass when weighed down and it shifts alot on uphill grades. I'm putting a supercharger on mine (yes there's room) because I drive on the highway 90% of the time and could use the power. Plus...... its cool. Trips to soccer field will never be the same.

a nightmare
By pcarrs

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

i would not recommend this car to anyone i have owned this vehicle for 3 years i have over 200,000 miles on it i run it as a taxi and am familiar with all the problems others have written about it.
brakes are the worst they designed them too small i have to replace pads every 3 months somtimes sooner if the calipers stick replaced calipers, and rotors. replaced heater hoses several times the plastic tee cracks which leads to leaks.
radiator cracked. ac compressor hoses burst. motor mounts need constant replaceing. this car is a money pit.
you can purchase a hummer for the price you spend on this van and the fuel economy is the same!!!!!!!

believe it or not i do have something nice to say the design of the caravan is nice it has ample room for six. love the stow and go but thats about it

scrap the mechanicals build a real american car GOD KNOWS WE NEED THE JOBS!!!!!!! keep the body design it works

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT/Crew
By 69mustang69

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We traded our 2004 Toyota Sienna XLE with 125,000 miles on it for the Dodge Grand Caravan. We chose the Caravan because we could either get a fully loaded '08-'09 Caravan with all the bells and whisles or a '09 Sienna with hardly any thing on it. We live in Wisconsin, and my wife wanted a van with remote start and heated seats, and couldn't afford the Sienna with these options on it. We made a great decision and so far haven't had any problems with it yet. It was certified through Dodge so still has the warrenty. We were told to get a Caravan that was certified with the remaining warrenty because there has been some problems with them. We are proud to be Dodge Grand Caravan owners!

We love the 4.0 liter engine, heated 1st & 2nd row seats, Swivel n go chairs, remote start, dual screen dvd, back-up camera, parking sensors, upgrated 17 inch sport rims, chrome body side molding chrome mirrors with turn signals. And love the inferno red color!

The interior of the cargo area seems cheap and flimsy.