2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews 5

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
Disappointed
By joe R on 06/25/10 08:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

After all the hoopla about needing to buy "American" I bought a Dodge grand caravan. I first took possession of a v4. Could barely get it home. No pep at all. Had to move up to v6. The price moved by $15,000. Within 5 months had to replace brakes and rotors in front. It seems Dodge used inferior quality brakes. Now I've been replacing them every 12-15k miles. I've already replaced the front end ball bearings and the rear bearings. The dealer actually replaced the front twice. It seems the first was defective. Been driving for 40 years and never had to replace bearings in my life. Now I have to replace an air-cond. Hose. Have to wait 4-6 weeks for the part. 4 to 6 weeks for a hose? Is this America

A/C is NOT Blowing Cold
By Mad Dad on 06/19/10 20:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this USED from a Chevy dealer and everything was fine until yesterday when I tried to use the A/C. It was hot & I thought it was just taking longer to cool. I was wrong, it's not blowing cold! My warranty expired on 6/13. I do not have an extended warranty and only have 3 mo / 3,000 mi which I would have to pay 50/50 with the dealer which expired on 6/13. Is there anything a Chrysler dealer will do for me? I refuse to put out money on a 2 year old car with only 40,000 mile on it.

Disgusted
By michelle on 06/14/10 06:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this vehicle brand new. I have had A/C issues, latch issues and shift issues. Most of all, I have put $500 recently into rear brakes after having had my front brakes already replaced for the same reason, squealing. I complained about the three times I have had to return my van for problems, but have gotten nowhere. They need to recall the brakes! I have owned 2 other Caravans and enjoyed owning them but not this one.

I would pass on this one.
By Marilyn Walter on 06/09/10 11:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Brakes are horrible. Needed front pads at 16,000, never in my life and then back pads at 18,000. Now the car won't start. Had issues with the plastic key. A couple of times car is on, yet no radio, AC, lights etc. nothing is working then you have to fiddle with the key and it works. The shifter is funky too, have issues with that, sometimes you have to press all the way down on the brakes to get it to shift into park. I would not buy another Caravan. I should have gotten the VW minivan like I wanted but was talked into this when I returned a Jeep Liberty. oh well.

This car is garbage!
By unhappy customer on 06/08/10 09:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car because of it's safety record to replace 10 year old Ford. It's been a big disappointment from day one. Ignition and gear shift replaced within 2 months after numerous complaints of both getting stuck. Air conditioning repaired twice in less than 2 years. Power steering hose replaced at 1 month. Knocking coming from drivers side door repaired after 3 complaints. Front brakes replaced at 11,800 miles. Rear brakes replaced at 19,000 miles. Car serviced for numerous rrt's. Car going back to the shop tomorrow to check and hopefully repair 2 separate noises that have been complained about already and not repaired. Customer service reps say what is "written" in the manual-gets you nowhere.

Brake Disappointment
By L. Weiss on 05/11/10 07:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I am completely dissatisfied with the brakes on this car - what junk. I had to replace the front brakes at 16000 miles at a year old, pads and rotors. Now at 27600 miles the back brakes needed replacement and I was told the front brakes need to be done again, too. That's 3 sets of brakes in less than 1-1/2 years. This is unacceptable. I have had hyundais & a chevy tracker (80000 miles before doing brakes)and this is outrageous to me. I will never buy a dodge again -- I can't afford this kind of maintenance problem. I cannot believe this has happened to me. I'm 64 years old, I don't drive like a hot rodder and I do not drive in a way that would cause the brakes to go this soon.

Doors and brakes
By Danger on 04/29/10 21:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We ordered this van from the factory the way we wanted it. We were very excited about it and enjoyed it for most of the first year. Although it was very annoying with the automatic doors, if the wind was blowing the doors would not shut because of the "safety". But January 2009 my then 4 year old daughter reached back into the van as the door was closing and it closed, latched and lock on her hand. Luckily after a trip to the doctor's office the x-rays showed there was not anything broken. I took the van to the dealership and they said there was a programming on the doors that needed to be fixed. Well yesterday my 2 year old daughter got her hand caught in the same door, she received

HOT A/C
By jacob2010 on 04/18/10 02:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this Dodge G/C-2008 SXT about a week ago, and since then we have had the following problems (not corrected yet by dealer). Pass.side A/C blows HOT air when setting is cold. Drvr side front wheel/tire squeals(brake dust on tire), Horrible squeaky noise from windshield area. Pass.side sliding door will not close properly, keeps openings by itself. Remote missing for DVD unit. U-connect doesn't work. Vehicle pulls to the left. Chrysler/Dodge needs to start using automatic lights like Ford & GM. Annoying to turn on lights when driving at nite time.

Disgusted
By Madison on 04/12/10 15:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have been driving Caravans since 1989 and this had got to be the worst one. The key doesn't always work and although the van is running, the signal lights, radio do not which is dangerous when you think your signal is working and you try to use it. The brakes wore prematurely and the plastic in the hatch cracked in two. The tires wore prematurely as well.

2008 gc sxt
By dalet` on 03/22/10 11:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Had the van about 2 years now and have put 34,000 km on it mostly highway as we use our Jeep still for city when we aren't going out together with all the kids, have had the power steering hose blow completely off within the first month. It's currently at the dealership because the transmission is slipping and the ignition module is gone too and cars tarter also needed removing. We don't drive it much but we love the van just too bad there are so many problems so early in the vans life. Also we have been told by the dealership that the brakes need replacing which seems pretty early for only 34,000 km. Also another to watch for is the plastic trim on the floor we had a piece snap in half