2008 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
Love the creature features
By hamptonvan on 02/25/08 22:37 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Only driven about 1000 miles so far I love the my gig, though I am just getting used to the operation. The drive is solid, with solid steering and decent brakes. I did get the 4.0 engine, and compared to the 3.8, it was well worth it. very easy to pass on the highway, and sporty in town, more than any minivan has the right to. Some of the electronic automation (tri zone temp) is not yet intuitive, but is becoming less obtrusive, (who reads the manual anyway?) Only problem we had so far was the my gig would cut out over every bump in the road. Easy fix-loose fuse. A lot of storage space, loads of floor space. So far, I am glad I purchased this over the competition.

Good, Bad, Ugly
By nydriver202 on 02/21/08 21:43 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Drove this vehicle for over a week. 2006 Odyssey was in the body shop. Observations: The Good: Decent acceleration, quiet ride on highway, easy parking maneuverability. The Bad: Severe oversteer on highway, unstable above 50 mph. Heating controls hard to use, knobs very small. Fit and finish of body and interior poor. Rear wiper too small. Steering wheel controls for radio on back of steering wheel. The Ugly: From the rear the van looks like a box truck. Too much black plastic on exterior. Latches flimsy. Interior styling-dash ugly, seat material feels like vinyl. Plastic, plastic everywhere. Grey interior many different shades, front pillar covering white! Was glad to get my Odyssey back.

My new kid wagon
By Mandarb on 02/15/08 10:35 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We have had the 2008 Grand Caravan for about 2 months now. This is our 4th Grand Caravan and by far the best one. I love the 4.0. Puts out plenty of power. The duel entertainment system has been a god send while traveling with our three kids.

It's OK, but....
By KVY on 02/05/08 05:52 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Came from a 2005 Town & Country to the SXT. Yes, it has many extras, but you need to have a masters degree in engineering to figure out the VES system. The features like heating/cooling way too complicated to operate, whatever happened to simple on/off and for the DVD, point the remote and go, you have to set channels, set modes, enough already. My kids have better plastic than what is used for the interior. I just got it and am counting down the days on the lease when I can return it. If you are used to using rear view mirrors, etc when backing up, keep doing so, the backup camera is not all it's cracked up to be

Initial Impressions
By Robert Gallop on 02/05/08 04:18 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

My initial review of the van we just took delivery of. I will update this as time goes on... First off, this is one substantial "mini"van. Its big, inside and out. Its quiet on the road, the 4.0L engine puts out plenty of grunt when coupled with the 6 speed auto transmission. The ability to manually shift the transmission might have some actual uses out there, but for me, its just there to make dad feel like he's driving something a bit more sporty. There are so many features available for this van its impossible to list in this space, however, we got every feature we could except the 9 speaker system and power fold rear seat.

Not so hot
By yes on 02/04/08 05:19 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I had my first SXT for 48 hours before the transmission line house blew off and then after that was fixed, the car had starting problems. The dealer gave me a new one, another SXT with the same options. The entertainment DVD, headphone thing is WAY too complicated, the remote, at least after the first two tries, doesn't seem like it works. Yes, a lot of options, but also a lot of headaches. The plastic around the steering wheel looks very cheap, like a kid put it on. I think my Town and Country was slightly better.

2008 Grand Caravan SXT
By joseph gramlich on 01/25/08 20:53 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

It was either this or a Honda Odyssey, it had more bells and whistles, so I purchased it. happy so far, nice standard features, see below for improvements though and time will tell of its quality and relability. Drive it and compare to a Honda if you want a minivan.

Good van
By Eduardo Mondragon on 01/07/08 09:35 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

My reference point is my previous 2006 Town & Country. The 2008 Dodge Caravan certainly includes lots of nice features I didn't have in my previous van. Such as the dual DVD system, shades on second and third row windows (optional) and a more ergonomic interior, in general. So far my major complaint is about the quality of the assembly/manufacturing of the body panels. I had a huge gap between the panels of the driver's side doors and the front door (driver's side) has to be slamed or it won't close. After three visits to the dealer the problem has not been fully fixed. The latch system has been replaced and several adjustments have been made. The gap is gone but I still have to slam the door

What an Upgrade!
By STLsparks on 12/17/07 11:13 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Previously drove a 2004 Grand Caravan and this car blows its doors off. Terrific improvements in almost every aspect and I can't say enough how much I've enjoyed this car in the first few weeks of ownership. Tons of compliments from everyone who sees it and we had the choice between the 2008 Grand caravan and the 2007 Odyssey LX (for about the same price) and to us it was no contest. 4.0 engine is a nice upgrade and they made the ride much more car-like (and quieter) compared to our prior Caravan.

Fantabulous
By Roy on 12/11/07 18:20 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Fourth Chrysler product. Intrepid, 300M Pacifica and now the Grand Caravan. Only the 300M was better, as it is a car and meant for comfort and style. Grand Caravan is a joy to drive. Backup camera, ambiant lighting, all interior doors side lighting and stow and go are great features. CD/radio great sound and easy to download CDs. Did not get video system, no small children anymore. Bluetooth makes cell phone calling and answering easy and you do not have to hold a phone in your hand, thus driving safely. Fantastic vehicle

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.