2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
Love my 2008
By Frank on 05/09/08 05:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is the 5th Grand Caravan I've owned. It's by far the best. I see on other reviews that people have complain about the gas mileage. I for one drive about 3-5 miles an hour over the speed limits and have averaged 24-26 on the highway. MY best being most recently a trip to VA where I hit 30 mpg on one tank. I got the 4.0 and must say that the engine is powerful. It's much better than the previous 3.8 that I had in the others.Love the DVD system (great for the grand kids). The VES and Auto Climate manual could be a little more user friendly. Storage is great. In my opinion the best mini van on the market. Great ride/handling

Beware of fuel expences
By aradensky on 04/20/08 14:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I changed my F150 with V8 with the last model Grand Caravan hoping to make some savings on gas. The advertised fuel efficiency shoud be 8.7 liters per 100km. (I am Canadien) The best I have reached to the moment on the interstate roads is 13.1 liters per 100km/ around 17 miles per gallon/ and it is 50% more than it is advertised. I have had more than 10 different cars, vans and trucks and it wasn't a problem to get close enough to the advertised efficiency.In the dealership they try to tell me that the way the van is built. And if it continues I have to take rid of it

It's a hard vehicle to love
By Connie on 03/30/08 16:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I will be honest: I find the new look of the 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan to be ugly. It looks like a box from the rear and an SUV in the front. Gas mileage is OK, cabin noise high, and the heat/AC nodules hard to operate. The front bumper cracked when I drove in single digits over the winter, cracking the bumper. Ice had stuck to the inside of the bumper and when the ice melted, it dropped, cracking the bumper. The Paint is also cheap. My one good kudo is the cargo space. I use this van for car-camps when I drive long-distance on weekends to attend road races, and crashing in the back with the seats stowed away is great. I wish I could love this vehicle, though. It's so ugly.

Gas mileage and Road Noise
By Craig on 03/26/08 14:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2008 Grand Caravan SE in February. I took it on its first road trip over Easter. The comfort was great but the road noise was horrid. You have to have the radio at the #16 volume to hear it. This could have been improved for a few dollars more by Chrysler. The gas mileage is awful! With gas over $3/gallon and maybe $4 by summer it will cost me over $300.00/month (another car payment). Chrysler could have built a more efficient engine than this one. If this keeps up, I will be forced to get rid of it this year. I have two kids which require car seats so unfortunately, I need something bigger than a car. Can anyone give me some gas savings tips.

Good for its class
By sailingsoon on 03/12/08 19:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We leased this vehicle in anticipation of buying something similar. I spent 3000 miles in it over 1 week and overall have a favorable opinion. The engine had adequate power and the van handled well. There was a little more wind noise that I would have liked and it made listening to the poor quality radio difficult (suggest upgrading from the base radio). The gas mileage was OK for a vehicle this size and in this category. I averaged about 22mph with about 80% of the driving interstate. I did not like the keyless entry. Everytime you locked the doors the horn beeped and the lights blinked. I am sure I annoyed a few people at the motel when we arrived about 11pm.

Enjoying my Van
By Jeff on 03/05/08 14:22 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I'm enjoying my Caravan a lot - my kids love it too. I find it very comfortable, the performance is good (though the gas mileage isn't great), and it gives a very good feel for the road. I do wish some of the interior materials looked a little better - it does look cheap in some spots. But it has an unbelievable amount of storage space.

My new dDodge problems
By ladow on 03/03/08 10:45 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

First off i have the 2008 sxt with the 3.3LT flex feul system. I love the new body style its fun to drive and very comfortable. It's great for our family of 5 and the entertainment center is a must have. Now the bad, we recently passed 2000km mark and it is already been towed to the dealership. The power steering has failed as noted by the huge puddle of power steering fluid on the ground in front of my house and the fact the tow truck driver saying this was his 6th Caravan in the last 4 weeks with the same problem. I'm also having issues with the windshield washer fluid low light not coming on.

Love the creature features
By hamptonvan on 02/25/08 22:37 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Only driven about 1000 miles so far I love the my gig, though I am just getting used to the operation. The drive is solid, with solid steering and decent brakes. I did get the 4.0 engine, and compared to the 3.8, it was well worth it. very easy to pass on the highway, and sporty in town, more than any minivan has the right to. Some of the electronic automation (tri zone temp) is not yet intuitive, but is becoming less obtrusive, (who reads the manual anyway?) Only problem we had so far was the my gig would cut out over every bump in the road. Easy fix-loose fuse. A lot of storage space, loads of floor space. So far, I am glad I purchased this over the competition.

Good, Bad, Ugly
By nydriver202 on 02/21/08 21:43 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Drove this vehicle for over a week. 2006 Odyssey was in the body shop. Observations: The Good: Decent acceleration, quiet ride on highway, easy parking maneuverability. The Bad: Severe oversteer on highway, unstable above 50 mph. Heating controls hard to use, knobs very small. Fit and finish of body and interior poor. Rear wiper too small. Steering wheel controls for radio on back of steering wheel. The Ugly: From the rear the van looks like a box truck. Too much black plastic on exterior. Latches flimsy. Interior styling-dash ugly, seat material feels like vinyl. Plastic, plastic everywhere. Grey interior many different shades, front pillar covering white! Was glad to get my Odyssey back.

My new kid wagon
By Mandarb on 02/15/08 10:35 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We have had the 2008 Grand Caravan for about 2 months now. This is our 4th Grand Caravan and by far the best one. I love the 4.0. Puts out plenty of power. The duel entertainment system has been a god send while traveling with our three kids.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.