2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Reviews 12

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
Canadian Dodge SXT 3.3L
By Paul on 05/30/08 20:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We lease the Canadian Dodge SXT 3.3 liters. I have reached to the moment on the highway is 12.6 liters per 100 km and 15.6 in the city, so poor! My old Mercury Villager had 11.6 in the city and 9 on highway! Dual screens with satellite TV and 4.0 engine are not available in Canada! WHY? It looks like a box from the rear and cheap inside. Rear camera quality is poor. But MYIG is the best idea!

Wonderful to drive!
By kim08 on 05/27/08 07:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I LOVE this van!! It is so nice and comfortable!! The ride is so smooth! I NEVER thought I would drive a minivan but I truly love driving this car! It is fun and pretty spunky for a van. Great features too. This is an extremely family friendly van.

Worst Caravan Ever! Stay Away!
By BostonMurray on 05/19/08 17:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Iíve owned 6 Chryslers over the years. I generally like them. But this is the worst car I have ever owned. Exterior: -VERY POOR Build Quality. Sloppy welds, and poor paint finish. -Rocker Panel is way too wide: Impossible to enter the car without trashing your pants. -Rear air dam VERY cheap plastic:. -Itís UGLY!: Interior: -Dashboard plastic is out of a 1979 dodge Omni. -Dashboard has more seams than a 19th century hoop dress. -Whole car Rattles: -Swivel-n-Go 2nd row seats DONíT RECLINE! -Floor Storage Door flimsy: -2nd Row Video Screen (w/SunRoof) blocks rear view: -Shift Knob will break off in first 6 months: -Sliding Center Console will break in 3 months

Home Run!
By JD on 05/12/08 20:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

New 4.0 has great power, wind noise was easy to fix, just flip the crossbars around on the roof rack (they are tear drop shape, thicker end faces forward) Dual screens with satellite TV is a huge hit! My nine year old can work everything! Swivel and go seats very comfortable. My wife loves this new van, we have had every family hauler from a Yukon Denali to a Toyota Sequoia and this vehicle takes the cake! Gets around in the snow great. If you don't need to tow anything heavy then this vehicle will do everything for you, and has a LIFETIME warranty to go with it!

Love my 2008
By Frank on 05/09/08 05:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is the 5th Grand Caravan I've owned. It's by far the best. I see on other reviews that people have complain about the gas mileage. I for one drive about 3-5 miles an hour over the speed limits and have averaged 24-26 on the highway. MY best being most recently a trip to VA where I hit 30 mpg on one tank. I got the 4.0 and must say that the engine is powerful. It's much better than the previous 3.8 that I had in the others.Love the DVD system (great for the grand kids). The VES and Auto Climate manual could be a little more user friendly. Storage is great. In my opinion the best mini van on the market. Great ride/handling

Beware of fuel expences
By aradensky on 04/20/08 14:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I changed my F150 with V8 with the last model Grand Caravan hoping to make some savings on gas. The advertised fuel efficiency shoud be 8.7 liters per 100km. (I am Canadien) The best I have reached to the moment on the interstate roads is 13.1 liters per 100km/ around 17 miles per gallon/ and it is 50% more than it is advertised. I have had more than 10 different cars, vans and trucks and it wasn't a problem to get close enough to the advertised efficiency.In the dealership they try to tell me that the way the van is built. And if it continues I have to take rid of it

It's a hard vehicle to love
By Connie on 03/30/08 16:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I will be honest: I find the new look of the 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan to be ugly. It looks like a box from the rear and an SUV in the front. Gas mileage is OK, cabin noise high, and the heat/AC nodules hard to operate. The front bumper cracked when I drove in single digits over the winter, cracking the bumper. Ice had stuck to the inside of the bumper and when the ice melted, it dropped, cracking the bumper. The Paint is also cheap. My one good kudo is the cargo space. I use this van for car-camps when I drive long-distance on weekends to attend road races, and crashing in the back with the seats stowed away is great. I wish I could love this vehicle, though. It's so ugly.

Gas mileage and Road Noise
By Craig on 03/26/08 14:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2008 Grand Caravan SE in February. I took it on its first road trip over Easter. The comfort was great but the road noise was horrid. You have to have the radio at the #16 volume to hear it. This could have been improved for a few dollars more by Chrysler. The gas mileage is awful! With gas over $3/gallon and maybe $4 by summer it will cost me over $300.00/month (another car payment). Chrysler could have built a more efficient engine than this one. If this keeps up, I will be forced to get rid of it this year. I have two kids which require car seats so unfortunately, I need something bigger than a car. Can anyone give me some gas savings tips.

Good for its class
By sailingsoon on 03/12/08 19:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We leased this vehicle in anticipation of buying something similar. I spent 3000 miles in it over 1 week and overall have a favorable opinion. The engine had adequate power and the van handled well. There was a little more wind noise that I would have liked and it made listening to the poor quality radio difficult (suggest upgrading from the base radio). The gas mileage was OK for a vehicle this size and in this category. I averaged about 22mph with about 80% of the driving interstate. I did not like the keyless entry. Everytime you locked the doors the horn beeped and the lights blinked. I am sure I annoyed a few people at the motel when we arrived about 11pm.

Enjoying my Van
By Jeff on 03/05/08 14:22 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I'm enjoying my Caravan a lot - my kids love it too. I find it very comfortable, the performance is good (though the gas mileage isn't great), and it gives a very good feel for the road. I do wish some of the interior materials looked a little better - it does look cheap in some spots. But it has an unbelievable amount of storage space.