2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
Questionable Workmanship
By DICK TRIESCH on 07/16/08 14:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

While parked and unoccupied, the van shifted out of park on its own and coasted down into another parked car. Chrysler sent an inspector out who couldn't find anything wrong. They won't repair damage done to van in collision. They act like it never happened. Beware 08 van owners! Always set emergency brake when parked. Chrysler's customer service is not very impressive. We'll have to take them to small claims court for them to address the fact that it happened.

Whistling
By Rachel on 07/09/08 08:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car except for when I reach about 65-70 mph it make this weird whistling noise I took it in and its still making the noise I don't think the dealership knows what it is! Does anyone know?

It is a winner!!
By Mike on 06/25/08 12:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 3rd minivan from Chrysler that we have owned. This van replaced our 2006 Town and Country and it is the best one yet. It seems to have more power than the 2006. Ride is better and it has lots more storage.

An Excellent Decision
By Jerry Cahill on 06/24/08 19:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Second Dodge vehicle I've purchased. I love the new Dodge Grand Caravan! The entertainment system is unsurpassed, with the MyGig System and the rear dual overhead DVD screens. The exterior styling is more masculine than the competition. 2nd and 3rd rows both still fold underneath, a great feature. Limited lifetime warranty on the powertrain for the original owner is priceless. Was about $3,000 to $4,000 less expensive than the Odyssey and Sienna for a comparably equipped vehicle, but those two can't touch the entertainment system. My wife and I fight over who gets to drive it. Thus far, we love the Caravan!

So Disappointed...
By CivicSi2k on 06/13/08 20:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

For few years I asked myself when was Dodge going to change the minivan style 01-07, finally did in 08. So disappointed by Dodge by the design, power response, and gas mileage. As owner of 97 Grand Caravan Sport, I can say my 97 handles and get better gas mileage than the 08 model. The Stow-N- Go a plus. Having a handicap child with a wheel chair lots of room is a must. The 08 models lacks space. With my 97, I can place the wheelchair standing up without a problem. With the 08, I had to take it apart.

Undecided
By B on 06/12/08 05:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased March 25, 2008. Loved the new style and features. Kids fell in love with the VES system, me in the sunroof/Sirius radio and wife in the heated seats. But now (in June '08) we have a whistling problem that the dealership can't seem to figure out. Over 65 mph and the van sings a tune. Van been in shop twice and we are still waiting for problem to be fixed. If we can get rid of this problem, I am sure I will LOVE my new van. Hate the position of the video screens, wish they were off center somehow. Backup camera is nice, but please still turn and look, camera is deceiving. Overall very happy with van, just need to get the whistling to stop.

So Far So Fun!
By Darrell on 06/11/08 08:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have just purchased this vehicle, and recently hit the 100 km mark. This is the second Caravan I have owned and I am quite happy with it. It drives and handles great, cannot wait to go on holidays with this gem. price was right and so is the styling of this vehicle. If i could change anything it would be the almost white parts of the interior (very bad idea with those grubby little kids). All and all the is no other van like the Grand Caravan.

Canadian Dodge SXT 3.3L
By Paul on 05/30/08 20:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We lease the Canadian Dodge SXT 3.3 liters. I have reached to the moment on the highway is 12.6 liters per 100 km and 15.6 in the city, so poor! My old Mercury Villager had 11.6 in the city and 9 on highway! Dual screens with satellite TV and 4.0 engine are not available in Canada! WHY? It looks like a box from the rear and cheap inside. Rear camera quality is poor. But MYIG is the best idea!

Wonderful to drive!
By kim08 on 05/27/08 07:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I LOVE this van!! It is so nice and comfortable!! The ride is so smooth! I NEVER thought I would drive a minivan but I truly love driving this car! It is fun and pretty spunky for a van. Great features too. This is an extremely family friendly van.

Worst Caravan Ever! Stay Away!
By BostonMurray on 05/19/08 17:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I’ve owned 6 Chryslers over the years. I generally like them. But this is the worst car I have ever owned. Exterior: -VERY POOR Build Quality. Sloppy welds, and poor paint finish. -Rocker Panel is way too wide: Impossible to enter the car without trashing your pants. -Rear air dam VERY cheap plastic:. -It’s UGLY!: Interior: -Dashboard plastic is out of a 1979 dodge Omni. -Dashboard has more seams than a 19th century hoop dress. -Whole car Rattles: -Swivel-n-Go 2nd row seats DON’T RECLINE! -Floor Storage Door flimsy: -2nd Row Video Screen (w/SunRoof) blocks rear view: -Shift Knob will break off in first 6 months: -Sliding Center Console will break in 3 months

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.