Used 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Disgusted
By Madison

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have been driving Caravans since 1989 and this had got to be the worst one. The key doesn't always work and although the van is running, the signal lights, radio do not which is dangerous when you think your signal is working and you try to use it. The brakes wore prematurely and the plastic in the hatch cracked in two. The tires wore prematurely as well.

Stow and go seats

Get rid of the plastic key, use better quality brake parts and better quality tires.

2008 gc sxt
By dalet`

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Had the van about 2 years now and have put 34,000 km on it mostly highway as we use our Jeep still for city when we aren't going out together with all the kids, have had the power steering hose blow completely off within the first month. It's currently at the dealership because the transmission is slipping and the ignition module is gone too and cars tarter also needed removing. We don't drive it much but we love the van just too bad there are so many problems so early in the vans life. Also we have been told by the dealership that the brakes need replacing which seems pretty early for only 34,000 km. Also another to watch for is the plastic trim on the floor we had a piece snap in half

My gig system with dvd, the body style, fold and go seats and power doors and middle windows being able to roll down .

More reliable! Better built transmission and this part is more towards my dealership, but better service as I've had the worst service from my dealership over the past 3 visits that I will probably never buy another Dodge product or deal with this dealership again after I receive my van back.

Crappy brakes
By dwbrum11

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This will be my last Chrysler product. I have had a problem with the front brakes wearing prematurely and the local dealer refusing to replace them under warranty even though there is a TSB issued from Chrysler saying that this should be covered by warranty. They wanted me to pay over $450 just to do the front brakes saying that no other shops would be able to get parts for it. National Tire and Brake installed lifetime rotors and pads for $300 dollars. I don't know if this was just my local dealer but I have been reading a lot of complaints about the brakes from other people and little help from the dealers.

None

Better Brakes Better build quality More honest service personnel at the dealers. Several other customers followed me out of my dealers service dept. after I proved him a liar on the aftermarket parts.

Doors opened while driving!
By madincali

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this van brand new, traded in my Dodge Durango (which I loved!) Never wanted a van. Van has been great, has been driven cross country a few times. Yes I had to have the brakes replaced but I haven't experienced the other issues. Now the doors are a NIGHTMARE! They started with the reopening when being shut. It has moved on pretty quickly to the electrical issues, when in park the dash, windshield wipers, blinkers, dash/dome lights.. ALL STARTED BLINKING. Dealership can't fix it, called it a minor annoyance. While driving with my 11mo old daughter the van started to sputter, all the components started to blink and the doors opened and shut. Going to dealership tmrw, getting rid of asap!

fits everyone in my family comfortably, has trunk space with third row seat up.

The convenience of automatic doors is what draws customers in, and now its a safety issue.. needs to be addressed dealership wide and be fixed or they need to stop being offered as a feature!! Very unsafe!

Junky as Junk can be
By cajunman

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this van and had 14,000 miles. 3,000 miles later changed front brake pads and resurfaced rotors. Next at 35,000 miles changed front brakes and was told cannot resurface rotors anymore so if shaking appears need new rotors. Told by repairman all "08 having brake trouble. Terrible windshield whistling noise that no one seems to be able to find. Complained to dealer and was told too many people just venting so the brake issue is not a problem. Sliding doors needed fixing three times. Interior storage rattles too much and keeps opening. Bottom line is Dodge needs to fix everyone's brakes. Making money off people no actually ripping people off is what it is.

Stow and go seating

Brakes, windshield noise, storage bins Dodge fix your crappy BS brakes so customers don't feel cheated and can enjoy the van. Ridiculous, Ridiculous.